Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Everything you wanted to know about: "Memory Seats"

any chance you could help with a 2011+? I have a 2011 XLT. it has the 6-way power seat. what would it take on the 2011 to add memory? I am guessing it would be similar to the others, but want to be sure. can you help with similar diagrams, part no's, etc? thanks
  2. F

My latest issue

I have an XLT - it did get fixed last year.
  3. F

My latest issue

Well, I have had numerous problems with MFT, but most have been frustrating, but livable. I also have the transmission bump, had the overheating problem, A-pillar noise and my heater went out. However, overall I enjoying driving my explorer. My newest problem is that my heater went out...
  4. F

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I am using it in advanced. Have not tried to switch over or reset.
  5. F

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

my "voice" button on my steering wheel stopped working right. For some reason it only works part of the time. Makes it so I can't make calls or use voice commands. I would say it works less than half the time now. never had this problem before the update anyone else have this issue?
  6. F

MFT Deal-breaker?

I have said this a few times Love the car, hate the MFT - actually it has improved just enough where I would say I have a seriously strong dislike. I actually avoid dealing with MFT most of the time, and use it when needed. ON some things voice is better then going through various screens...
  7. F

2013 Explorer XLT - Sync complete POS

MFT is like that person you work with who you avoid dealing with as much as possible. Then when something comes up and you have to deal with that person, when you are all done you are reminded why you try everything you can to avoid dealing with them
  8. F

2013 Explorer XLT - Sync complete POS

Sync/MFT is total crap..... sure it works a majority of the time, but that is not really acceptable. It is very sad and frustrates me more often than not. Even the voice recognition for Sync stinks and doesn't work all the time.... sometimes I have to call 4-5 times before it will work right...
  9. F

K&N Intake

the main reason is I am cleaning out my garage (some life stuff). the box is huge and took up a lot of room. It had oem intake in it. so I decided to go back to stock and get rid of the k&n secondarily, it was a little louder than I would have liked.......but that didn't bother me much and...
  10. F

Transmission "bump" aka "hard shifting" TSB

I have it, not sure about my build date, but my dealer won't do anything about it because they can't recreate it. Honestly, I have that and other issues and have just about given up on getting things fixed that I am able to live with. Sometimes hard to believe these things cost 40k
  11. F

About to buy

I love my explorer, hate MFT - as has been said, if you are buying for the coolness of MFT - think twice - in fact, I recommend don't buy it. If you like the way it drives, the ride etc then they are great. I have been thinking I should get a Q5 just to get away from MFT
  12. F

Windows 8 Phone

the more I use my windows 8 phone, the more I am liking it.....not perfect and not as good in the details as ios, but pretty good overall. God the text thing working right now with MFT and figuring out settings and it is working well. Phone part is better than my iphone was and screen is much...
  13. F

Adding Navigation Later

Is it actually factory nav or aftermarket? Based on your post I assume aftermarket. Either way could you.find out as much info as possible and post it. Many of us would love to get this.
  14. F

Adding Navigation Later

If its mocar let us know how it works. I inquired on their website and closest dealer is about 50 miles away and I can't find any info on them. I am extremely hesitant to let them hack on my car without knowing their reputation.
  15. F

Windows 8 Phone

tried again tonight and texting kind of worked. Wife texted me, MFT opened and said I had a text and ask me if I wanted to read or cancel it. I thought great, so I said read it.....and nothing happened. Asked again, I responded and nothing after the third try it just stopped, for some reason...
  16. F

Windows 8 Phone

When I get a text the mft automatically answers, but there is nothing said. It just opens the line like a phone call but nothing happens. Any settings on your phone you had to do? I tried to turn texting on in mft but just says this device doesn't support text
  17. F

Windows 8 Phone

Thanks. Couple questions How do you get it to read texts? I just tested it a d when I get a text the system answers like a phone call, but nothing happens. I was able to voice text by activating it on the phone and then uses mft for mix and speakers
  18. F

Windows 8 Phone

OK, I just hit the text button in settings and it said didn't support, thought that might mean all. I ended up deleting my phonebook and then re-downloading it and not it seems to work. I will have to try the text thing. ON a more positive note, MFT response is screaming fast...
  19. F

Windows 8 Phone

first update on Windows 8 phone HORRIBLE When I first connected voice dial wouldn't work, thought it was because I didn't download my phonebook. Well, still useless....I say Call XXXX and it gives me the standard, heres the commmands you can say..... so then I try Call.....it says say...
  20. F

Windows 8 Phone

I just picked up a Nokia 920 Windows phone 8 I haven't done much with it yet, but will report back when I use it more One thing that I did find strange was that I could not find the Sync Destinations app in the store. will have to try mapquest, but compared to google maps it stinks and...
  21. F

Adding Navigation Later

I know this is a long shot, but it has been a few months. Any update on the licensing and being able to add Navigation??? Sync turn by turn is still junk, worse than before. I am hoping adding Nav may help
  22. F

Driving Directions will not Download.. Please Read!!

I also have a 2011. I didn't have this problem until I got the new software. Now it works about 20% of the time Seriously frustrating because it was something I used and appreciated. Took it in and they reset it. Worked ok a couple times, but still has problems. Most likely will be the...
  23. F

What happened to 'Send to Ford' in Google Maps?

yeah, this is seriously frustrating.... and the Sync destinations app search is horrible. I put in a very specific address with zip code and everything and then gives me 3 options that I can't even read. This MFT stuff keeps getting worse. I can't believe Ford let the license lapse. With all...
  24. F

13 mpg ??

Also LA traffic. 13k miles, 95% city and built mpg monitor list me at just over 18 and I have a somewhat heavy foot.
Back