Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Rough idle, spitting carbon...Please, I NEED YOUR HELP.

So I've been having some serious problems lately, especially once I get up past 35mph. My specific issues are as follows: Firstly, it's not throwing a CEL at me at all. Somewhat rough idle, RPMs aren't jumping around or anything, but it starts and sits (in Park) at around 600 and then...
  2. H

Bevy of problems; possibly related?

Thanks a lot wantdeath! I've been thinking that it's probably the wheel bearing or brakes. It IS four-wheel drive, but I've used that feature once in the last year. As for the stalling, I think you're probably right. I tend to only fill a few gallons at a time and I rarely fill up the tank. Had...
  3. H

Bevy of problems; possibly related?

Hey guys, you've helped me quite a bit in the past with issues that seemed obvious at the time, but now I'm kind of stumped as to what is wrong with my Ex (1993 XLT, Automatic) Firstly, I've been hearing a chirping/squeaking sound that seems to be coming from my front, driver's side wheel...
  4. H

Rear driver's side window removal with no power.

My rear driver's side window was shot out with a pellet gun some time ago. I've found a replacement window in a junkyard for around $28, but I can't get to the rivets because the window is rolled all the way up and there is no power to the motor. Can someone PLEASE explain to me what must...
  5. H

Overflowing coolant, Won't start

Awesome! Thanks again, FIND.
  6. H

Finished 1st flush. I'm going to drive around with the Super Flush in the system for awhile, then drain it and flush it again. Everything seems to be working normally, but only time will tell. On an unrelated note, it seems that the rheostat for my airflow (the airflow selection knob thingy)...
  7. H

I bought a new thermostat and removed the old one. I tested them both and sure enough, the old one didn't open. Hopefully this is my only culprit. @ FIND - It didn't look like there was any air bubbling out and the top radiator hose was flattened, so I don't think there was much, if any, air...
  8. H

Good news is that it starts NORMALLY now, after sitting overnight. I didn't notice any strange noises or anything when I was cranking it; it pretty much started without a hitch. The coolant level in the radiator was VERY low, so I put some water in and let it idle with the radiator cap off for...
  9. H

Firstly, hello everybody! I've been lurking around these forums for a few years now, finding little tidbits of advice as I needed them. I've done my fair share of repairs based on the knowledge that I've found here, but it now seems that I have an issue that I can't find a clear answer to. So...
Back