Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

rear temp control doesnt work and clicking 2004 part# for actuator.

My 2004 explorers rear ac is stuck on cold and clicking. I know its a blend door actuator but ev every were I look they have two kinds. One with a cross shaft and one with a D shaft. Which one do I need for the temp control? I would like to get this fixed before the cold comes and i take the...
  2. C

struttek struts, why do the rears lift? is a front spacer needed.

Bronco junkie what size spacer do you have? I was going to run strutteks all around and a truxx spacer up front. Ill have the rear spacer incase I want to use it but the install doesnt seem worth it. My x sits level I cant find any cracks in the springs. Or clearly messed up coils.
  3. C

struttek struts, why do the rears lift? is a front spacer needed.

I have been looking for struts for my 2004 xlt. I see people using strut tek but also talking about how they got 2 inches of lift in the rear. Why? Are there oldstruts that sagged? Or are the strut tecks longer then stock? I welcome the lift but want to comeup with a plan using spacers if...
  4. C

5r55w shift kit verse shift improver.

called trans go they recommended the shift correction kit. they said the re-programmer was for supercharged mustangs and the like.
  5. C

5r55w shift kit verse shift improver.

Hd shift kit http://www.transgo.com/products.php?prd=5R55W-HD2&homeinclude=catalog&category_id=74&parent_id=30&product_id=128&countdisplay=2&start=0&addcountview=Yes Correction kit http://www.transgo.com/products.php?category_id=74&parent_id=30&product_id=124 I have never been happy with...
  6. C

2004 slipping/studdering in reverse.

Thats a question....is it out? But I also dont want to waste money on fluid if its something bigger. There is an actual clunking noise. It acts almost like a pinion gear with missing teath. After some more searching I have 1st gear so maybe the band is ok.
  7. C

2004 slipping/studdering in reverse.

.This just started today with no real warning. I was pulling out of my driveway and my reverse gear started slipping/studdering, bad. It doe it coasting backwards in neutral. I havnt noticed any unusual clunking before this. All the other gears seem to work fine.#What am I in for, its the no...
  8. C

Quicklifts up front and Monroes out back?? Anyone tried it.

the fronts are not but one of the rears is were I plan to order from. if I get the rebate I only save $30.00. Guess I should call rancho. :salute:
  9. C

Quicklifts up front and Monroes out back?? Anyone tried it.

My 2004 or 5 explorer(can;t remember) has crossed over 80thousand miles and I want to replace the shocks. I already have 265's and 17x9 rims and I want to get a little space. If I wasn't doing shocks I probable wouldn't lift it at all. It's not really a daily driver (i have motorcycles) but it...
  10. C

battery keeps dying, but checks out ok. would big 3 fix?

I am having an issue with my 2005. about once a week the battery has drained down enough that is will not start. I have had the alternator and battery checked out and both check out ok.the battery is an optima redtop. I have removed all accesories one at a time for about a week each to...
  11. C

04-05 V6 Spectre Intake Complete Kit

honestly excapt for there silicone couplers I would skip it, you can get pretty good size pipe in mandrel bend and mock just about anything up, its hard because we are MAF but you can cut thatr housing off the air box. don;t try a 4 inch maf housing it doesn;t work without tuning. I do use...
  12. C

Havn't been around in a while. new rims.

Some may remember but I said I would not have rims on this car. Figured It would be the first one I kept the stockers on. Anyway I lied. lol I was on the fence about the red but I really like it now that its on, I felt it was a risk that paid off.
  13. C

Off Road performance gains

to me your sacrificing droop, and traction is as important to me as ground clearance. my 3rd gen got stuck in my yard just because it flexed out enough with an open diff.........yeah I was pissed. :thumbdwn:
  14. C

Mustang rims - yes? no? offset? spacer?

theres two different offsets for mustang rims. +24 and a +44(somewhere in the 40's) the +24 work fine its been done a bunch. the newer mustangs with the higher offset most likly will not. I have a post below about 17x9's and there correct I have no balljoint space.
  15. C

clearance issue 17x9 +45.

Hi guys im wondering if there would be any clearance issues on the inside of the wheel well like sway bar etc. the wheel will only stick out .5 inches more so the rest of the width will be on the inside. thanks guys. 265-70-17 terra graplers.
  16. C

Eibach Rear/Front sway bars

im talking about this one. http://www.explorerexpress.com/sway-0205-explorerhelper-rear-p-381.html
  17. C

Off Road Lamp install & Questions - PICS - Attn: 57Tbird

cool, is the camera a special imput or pioneer camera only? I wonder if I could take my dvd video and just use a switch to activate it.
  18. C

remeber there was an explorer sport trak and explorer sport in those years that used the old suspension design. I think thats were you are getting tripped up.
  19. C

explorer express is a hellwig bar. do theser raise the rear at all? I heard they did its basically a leaf spring under the rear a-arms.
  20. C

you might be able to use a simple audio switcher behind the headunit. I'm not sure how the aux hooks in back there for the dvd. By audio switcher I mean something like this mounted in the center console. something like this obviously doesn't have to be this...
  21. C

86EXPLORER86's 04 Explorer

I agree with him. how high did you go up front? get a billet grille and put some 7-8inch offroad lights behins it should get the look your going for.
  22. C

hey I was checking out that unit its pretty cool. do you know how the back up camera is triggered? does the gps sense the vehicle going into reverse or can you select it too? I already have DVD I'm wondering if I can use it for yet another screen.
  23. C

i was feeling it until the rca's lol. you have a aux button on your headunit can you not get an adaptor from pac usspec for additional imputs from that?
  24. C

Roof Rack Cross Rails...

gotcha I stripped mine and blasted it for the newer look. I didn't want the aviator chrome but didn't want black. have you tried ebay? as far as I can tell there the same but its just my educated guess.
  25. C

Roof Rack Cross Rails...

what are you trying to accomplish? are you after the cross bars or the brushed aluminuim rack?
Back