Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

93 explorer behaving badly

My 93 explorer v6 is giving me headaches. Starts up great cold, but once it warms up has a serious hesitation when hit the gas, and stalls when put it in gear. Then I have to hold gas pedal all the way to floor to get it to stat again.. Not throwing any engine codes, so I'm not sure where to start
  2. M

lugs when upshift from 2nd

ran it after pulling multimeter and everything works fine. even checked tcc by tapping brakes at 55 in OD and saw a minor jump in rpm. Guess it decided it didnt want me working on it or wants to wait til its cold out or something
  3. M

go figure. I stuck the + of my mutimeter into the orange yellow coming out of cpu and grounded the -. when engine off its full resistance. started engine,full resistance. ran down the road and the son of a bi..h shifted smoothly all through od, which dropped the mutimeter resitance level at just...
  4. M

havent tried a highway shif because it lugs so bad didnt want to do damage. I guess i need to find a manual that has some views to tell me what solenoids are what. am i understanding that the OD soleniod being stuck open wouldnt shift into OD until tranny normally shifts into 3 because thats...
  5. M

tested plug coming out of tranny for grounding and neither tested ground continuity. could something in the computer be whack. since I cant tell whether its going into OD or TCC ( or both) prematurely if its not a ground inside tranny the computer is telling it to do this. Every item that...
  6. M

most everything you described as poss faults would prevent OD or TC lock. Tachometer works, Temp gauge works, Brake lights work, so I'll assume those items dont need immediate attention. If the computer sends a ground signal to transmission, a wiring grounding out would make the most sense so...
  7. M

unplugging the main round plug that feeds trans worked. It didint lug, smoothe thru all 3 gears. Now how to troubleshoot whether its an OD or lockout problem. what tells both to activate, some kind of speed sensor I have no check engine light but should I try to pull codes anyway??
  8. M

yes and yes. i did try the brake tap when it had started the lugging. it will shift from 2 to whatever it goes into if done manually with shifter.. 1 and 2 are very smoothe, but if I allow it to upshift from 2 to ... it lugs like its skipping into OD or the TC is locking, isnt there a wire on...
  9. M

tapping brake didint help, and it does it whether in D or OD. If I keep it in 2 and get on it, its ok when I move shifter to D because engine speed is up to the range tranny must be in fluid level is fine and fluid is clean
  10. M

never thought about tapping brake when trying to go forward, but makes sennse. It does it in D or OD so I dont know if that helps in diagnosing. I'll try the brake tap today
  11. M

heres a new one from a newbie bought rebuilt tranny 15k mi ago and it was always a little slow going into OD. got better with time now suddnely the darn thing is lugging and chugging when it upshifts from 2nd. acts like going 2nd to OD or else maybe torque converter locking premature. I...
Back