Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Anyone Tried Motorcraft Metal Thermostat Housing?

No just clean everything up. I think I lubed the orings with vasealine. No paper gasket.
  2. F

correction I ment the aluminum one. Should not have tried to post after a 16 hour shift.
  3. F

Finally got around to installing same as installing the plastic one exept it should out last the car. I cleaned everything up chased threads in manifold. Used jetlube (neverseize for aluminum) on all threads. Picked up silicone heater hose at NAPA to replace the 2 hoses on it. As someone...
  4. F

front wheel bearings

Moog, timken and Skf seam to be leading names that come to mind. I will keep looking probably not going to do it till after Christmas. It is not my dd that honer goes to the 2000 Explorer.
  5. F

front wheel bearings

some no name from 1aauto parts. The original ones only lasted 60k.
  6. F

front wheel bearings

With 90k on the 2010 the front bearings are making noise time to replace. Anyone have any suggestions as to quality,brand and price. This is second time replacing them. Wish I could get 100k out of a set. Thanks for any help.
  7. F

How many tools does it take to add oil to the rear diff?

A piece of scrap or old carpet is nice to use under the car.
  8. F

i bought mine at dealer have not had chance to install
  9. F

seats

thank you will keep an eye on thread
  10. F

Rebuilt 5R55S, please help me DECODE what the repair shop did.

Did they fix the thermostat in valve body. If not no flow till trans warms up. Change fluid and filter at regular intervals (now then once a year). Make sure you use the merconV trans fluid. External filter would help trans life there are inline and remote ones that use a filter like engine oil...
  11. F

seats

anyone know if front seats from 2004 will fit a 2000? both cars are 4 doors.
  12. F

06-10 V8 issues?

no he means with rear heat and a/c
  13. F

Headlight question

try turning headlight switch to parking light position then just pull out on switch works on my 2010
  14. F

How can I tell if my explorer has the wiring for remote start.

forth button is to open back glass
  15. F

Key stuck in ignition

the only permanent fix for this is to replace shifter assembly. we just replaced one on a 2010 down at work. had it apart 3 or 4 times .
  16. F

Hayden High Performance oil cooler set - thoughts

before place filter as soon as it comes out of trans keeps from spreading debris throughout the cooling system
  17. F

First transmission service after rebuild

I try to change fluid once a year
  18. F

Larger Oil Filter - 07 Limited (4.0) ??

try a NAPA 1087 as a tall boy to the fl820
  19. F

What size adapter for filling up the transmission?

1/8 inch NPT male threads You can pickup a 1/8 x hose barb at NAPA or any hardware store that will work for about $2 or so
  20. F

what kind of explorer do you have and how many miles on it?

2010 XLT V6 70K stock replaced front bearings trans fluid change brakes at 50K
Back