Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Gone but not forgotten

I will plug them. Bill Knight Ford of Stillwater, OK. The driver said they deliver all over the country. They even had a vehicle headed out to California, (driver was flying back). Gabbie was my sales person.
  2. F

Gone but not forgotten

I may lurk from time to time but with this new big boy, I probably will be moving on. Went with a 2019 Expedition Platinum 4x4 in Magnetic Metallic with Medium Ceramic interior. $12500 below MSRP with dealer discount RCC, FMC Bonus Cash, and a PCO. They gave me $7500 on my '12 Explorer Limited...
  3. F

Gone but not forgotten

Today I said goodbye to my beloved companion of the last 7 years and 11 months. Together we have been to the tops of mountains. It sheltered us from the wrath of Zeus, sacrificing itself but reemerging after 2 months in ICU. It survived chocolate milk spills, several regurgitations of stomach...
  4. F

Torque settings Struts/Shocks

Your answer is in the post above, quoted for convenience. I don't think the suspension torque values have changed from 2011 to 2019 as there have been no changes in design.
  5. F

For the rear shocks the lower bolt only goes to 129 lb-ft and the stabilizer nut gets torqued to 41 lb-ft. If you are doing the rear you need to replace that lower bolt and nut, along with the stabilizer bar and nut, now because you over torqued them and it could fail.
  6. F

2020 Explorer Limited Hybrid Production

I have been told that Explorer hybrid including PIU and Aviator Grand Touring will start sometime early October with an outside chance at late September. Have heard that from 2 different Lincoln dealers in different states.
  7. F

2020 Aviator Reserve

Just wanted to ask how long it took to get used to the seats? To me in the short time I have sat in the Aviator and driven it the 30 way seats seem off, whereas the base seats were cushiony. I also notice that it seems to sit higher. I am 6'1" with a large frame, so don't know if that is part...
  8. F

SYNC 3 Map Update Website

No error when I tried for our 2017 MkC, but $109 for a download that is almost a year out of date seems a bit much. Then again we are rolling on NA 15, which is probably 2014 data.
  9. F

2020 Aviator Perfect Position Seat Issue

So had the opportunity today to compare the perfect position seats to the normal seats in the Aviator. The first thing is the normal seats have a more cushioned feel vs the firmer feel of the perfect position seats. The second thing is that the perfect position seats are about an inch or so...
  10. F

Use a crow's foot on the end of the torque wrench.
  11. F

2020 Aviator Perfect Position Seat Issue

So my dealer got their demo unit in yesterday and I test drove it last night. Everything was great except for one issue. Even after adjusting the seat as low as it would travel, my sight line was only a couple inches below the top of the windshield. If I flipped down the sunvisor all the way...
  12. F

Ford buy back converstation

Sounds like a new pin point test is going to be added to the service manual.
  13. F

Rear Entertainment System

Looking to see if anyone has gotten any information on Lincoln Play as well. I have seen conflicting descriptions. The order guide only mentions wireless headphones (no DVD). I saw a post on BOF saying his order sheet listed Lincoln Play with DVD, so not sure. Was hoping maybe there would be...
  14. F

2020 Explorer

With the issues CAP has with QC, I wouldn't be surprised if the have just forgotten to put them in.
  15. F

Water pump failure leads to dead engine

The reason 90% (or more) of people won't change a water pump is because it is an engine out job. Yes you can change it without taking out the engine, but it isn't easy and is an all weekend job. Also you have to make sure you are at TDC and have the proper cam locks. Then while your in there...
  16. F

It makes a clicking or grinding noise like the drive gears from the servo motor to the rack are slipping on the belt (pretty sure it is a belt system) like a tooth or 2 are missing. It doesn't trip codes and only makes noise. It was pretty bad this winter then went away, but is now starting to...
  17. F

I am over 155k mi now, but plan on trading it in on an Aviator GT, Expedition Platinum, or Navigator here in the next several months. I average about 19.5k mi per year so I probably only have to get through another 10k to 15k or so. My biggest issue right now is the steering gear noise, but a...
  18. F

Lane Centering Stopped Working

This is sad that they haven't trained the service advisers and techs on new functions like lane centering.
  19. F

If you can get it for $800 and do it yourself it is worth it. I am not sure what the differences are, the worst thing that could happen would be things don't plug in or work, then you have an $800 engine around to get rid of (probably get your money out of it if you sell it to that yard that is...
  20. F

It is probably a regional thing. As FFV was definitely available 2013 and beyond, but not on 2011 and 2012. You can look at Fueleconomy.gov and see FFV is there on Explorers (only on the 3.5's though). Even the owners manuals in 2013 have a section for "Choosing the Right Fuel With a Flex...
  21. F

Am I being too picky? 3rd row question

Start with just the arm, which is about $31 from the online sellers. (2005-2019 Ford Front Bracket 9F9Z-7460592-B | Auto Nation Ford White Bear Lake). I wouldn't replace the undercover unless it is broken beyond repair. Also pictures can help if you want a better opinion.
  22. F

Am I being too picky? 3rd row question

Folded or stowed. Stowed is the flat floor position which I think is what you mean. If that is the case, flip the second row forward so you can look under the floor boards that get extended to make the flat floor. Check to make sure both are seated properly in the plastic arms. Likely that one...
  23. F

2013 and beyond were rated as "flex fuel" vehicles which is why they probably don't show as compatible. Worth the shot to get the newer one if the price is right. I guess though with that many miles is it really worth it. The car is worth (assuming fully loaded 4WD) about $5800 on trade and...
  24. F

Listening to texts via sync

That is an older version. When they went to v3.8 the software version that is displayed was changed from 4.xx.xxxxx to 3.XX.xxxxx where XX matches the title version, ie 3.10 has a software version of 3.10.xxxxx, 3.8 has 3.08.xxxxx. You need to register with Ford owner, add your VIN and check...
  25. F

Listening to texts via sync

I think it is normal as multi-recipient messages are sent as mms and not SMS. Happens to me also. Not sure if it used to handle them or not, but 3.10 doesn't.
Back