Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

back seat headrest removal ?

yay, just unlocked the seatbelt - it was just ruffled and jammed at the top swinging guide - had to pull out the plastic cover, unjam, the carefully put the plastic piece back in place.
  2. B

back seat headrest removal ?

on my 06 there's no spring clip that i can see like clhitt mentioned on my rear seat headrest, but i did manage to get 'most' of the headrest off. i needed to do this %$^&# job because my rear seatbelt go behind the headrest somehow. :splat: anyway, the 'leather' foam piece comes off (the...
  3. B

suspension upgrades

looking into same... mine seems worse than when new (lots of harshness over bumps). came across rancho (stock height) here (for my 06, which is the same as your 07): http://www.carid.com/2006-ford-explorer-suspension-systems/item-1491417.html
  4. B

Saving Money on Fuel Isn't So Easy

good thread. have gone over the math a number of times regarding trading in my '06 rwd v8 explorer limited for something that gets better fuel economy. i get on average about 17.6mpg. i've never been able to make the math work and there's nothing wrong with my explorer. and now i finally put...
  5. B

06 Explorer 4.6L sputters in over-drive

wow, at 70k with my 06 explorer and worried about having the troubles at some point mentioned in this thread. so far, running like a champ. i wonder if it has anything to do with where the driving has been done (e.g., climate) and whether it's majority stop/go or highway. i've kept the explorer...
  6. B

2006 Explorer Navigation & SR iPod Connection

cmk, just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for advice here. i got the pa 15 ford 1, installed it easily, routed the cable to the ipod through the transmission tunnel and into a hole i drilled in the console box between the seats. i plugged in my ipod nano, and everything works EXACTLY as you and...
  7. B

you mean later 06 had the sirius tuner already installed? i'm guessing mine doesn't - there's no media selection for sirius or sr. so i guess the pa 15 ford 1 is the one i want. thanks a lot!
  8. B

i notice they're also available on ebay for about $35 less.
  9. B

i thought factory sirus wasn't available for an 06 explorer with navigation? i have an 06 limited with factory navigation and have wanted to add ipod input since forever, but can't get an answer on whether it's possible. cmk0808 - you're saying a pa15-ford1 from crutchfield will work for...
  10. B

2006 Explorer with navigation - how to add ipod interface!?

is there ANY way to add an ipod/aux type interface to my 2006 explorer limited with navigation and cd changer? so frustrating not having it. thanks for any ideas.
  11. B

Rear seat 12V outlet

fyi john, joe's post was almost 2 yrs ago. ;)
  12. B

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

hoose - same impression of tranny here (also have 06 limited v8). Now if the gas mileage could improve... I really think it went down after I saw the stickers all over saying up to 10% ethanol in gas now.
  13. B

20 x 9 Optional Wheels from Ford

Yes, they are an option NOW (08). http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/explorer/fip/index.asp?nPopupID=14274&nType=1
  14. B

V6 vs. V8: MPG

Not possible to get 25mpg with the '06+ V8 Explorer, unless perhaps you drive 50mph on a FLAT highway for a whole tankful. :rolleyes: And I THINK the 10% ethanol crap now in gas has lowered my mileage. :thumbdwn: I'm now getting only 17 in mixed driving (RWD '06 Explorer V8 Limited). :( I...
  15. B

Help - vent fan stays on full blast even with climate control off

Update: dealer said blower switch was shorted and replaced under warranty. :thumbsup:
  16. B

Thanks but I have no clue where those connectors are or how to check short to ground, etc. Going to dealer in the a.m. ... Thanks anyway.
  17. B

I've tried hitting all the buttons to get the fan to go off, but it won't. :( :( I guess I have to call the dealer? :mad:
  18. B

MP3 input for NAV system?

steve - where are these footnotes, and how the heck would I know if the radio has 'can-bus' or is satelite ready? I don't have MP3 printed on the face but I wouldn't because I've got NAVIGATION!
  19. B

Thanks. Found it here. http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/prodDetails.aspx?strProductID=276 Where did you buy it? By the way, nice video demonstration here: http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/landing/HDRT-PXAMG/movie.wmv I still don't quite get how it works on an '06 with navigation...
  20. B

Using what adapter?
  21. B

Drove my Explorer ('06 V8 RWD Limited) some more this weekend and still the fix seems to have worked. Yay...
  22. B

$225 for that brandmotion one seems steep!
  23. B

My dealer's never quick with service (they're very busy). I was there about 2hrs. The tech apparently looked up the TSB (I told the service advisor I'd learned of one but darn it, I forgot to bring the print out - but later I looked it up on here using my laptop and the dealer's wifi and...
  24. B

Had the 07-23-2 TSB done today to fix the BUMP 2-1 shift on slowing down and just on the drive home (20mi.) it seemed MUCH MUCH better. Regardless of whether it lasts, I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, and in particular bojans for starting the thread and apuntsel for posting this TSB (I...
  25. B

Does Anyone Know If The Navigation Screen Are The Same Sizes???

Pretty sure Ford's using the 6.5" screen on all vehicles. (I wish it were bigger though!)
Back