Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Factory Rear DVD W/Aftermarket Head Unit

I spent weeks looking for one and PIE does make one for every year EXCEPT the '05 with RSE. I almost took a chance and ordered it to give it a shot but thought better of it. I did keep the factory speakers, for now. Once I get everthing else straightened out those are next including a bigger amp...
  2. R

Forgot to add the second part to my reply.. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Best Buy car audio dept. At least here in NY. I called Crutchfield and they said for the particular factory system I had there was no way to keep any factory peripheral add-on's (DVD, CD Changer etc..)...
  3. R

Yeah, I was overwhelmed with replies as you can see. I spoke to an electronics tech at work and he suggested the same thing with one added detail. He said to take an old pair of headphones. cut the ******** and then cut into the harness and test the rest of the wires one at a time with the...
  4. R

05 Explorer and aftermarket Head/Factory Rear DVD

Greetings...I recently installed a Clarion NX501 head unit in my 2005 Explorer. It has the factory rear seat DVD which I desperately wanted to keep functional for the kids. There isn't much info out there for this particular year and setup and no aftermarket harness available to retain the RSE...
  5. R

I have a 2005 EB Explorer with the factory rear seat DVD (RES) and factory sub. I'd like to replace the head unit with the Clarion NX 501 and still retain control over the rear DVD player. Anyone have any success with this? I'd even be willing to bypass the rear DVD player itself and just...
  6. R

2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. DVD/Aux source problem.

Nope..It's still not working. Did you get yours to work?? I did try another factory head unit and it still did not work so it's definelty an issue with the DVD unit. The backlight in the DVD player still lights up so there is power getting getting back there. Other than ebay where I found the...
  7. R

Swapping Audiophile 6CD Changer w/ Fact. Nav

Does anyone know which factory nav system will fit an '05 EB Explorer with rear seat DVD so the steering wheel controls and rear seat system will still function without having to add anything?
  8. R

2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer. DVD/Aux source problem.

I have a 2005 EB Explorer with the Audiophile 6-Disc changer/factory sub/sat hookup (not used) and the rear seat factory DVD player. I run an RCA cable from the aux input jack to my iPod and change the audio source to "aux" Everything was working fine until today when I went to change the source...
Back