Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mike's brother

Sold 2nd Gen Explorer upgrade parts, some NEW (pt 1)

Site was down for a bit, and so was I. Came back and cut the prices. Let me know if you're still interested.
  2. Mike's brother

Greetings Brian, will do. I'm new to the shipping out end of this, but I'll find out how to find out and hit you up.
  3. Mike's brother

Sold 2nd Gen Explorer upgraded parts, some NEW (pt 2)

Thanks all. Everything has found a new home. This is part 2, since I ran out of attachment room, but I want to be sure everyone gets to see what they might buy. So as I wrote here ... $200 -- Surco S5060 50”x60” roof rack, LT100 light brackets (brackets are new, rack was on for 6 months) On...
  4. Mike's brother

Thanks all. Everything has found a new home. As I noted in the vehicles for sale section, I've had to give up on my long-time dream to convert my brother's 2001 Explorer Sport into a DD / trail and overlanding rig. I explain more of why in that thread, and you can find lots of background on the...
  5. Mike's brother

SOLD – 2001 Sport DD/trail project w/ extras -- $1,200

I have to call it on my 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0L V6 daily driver / trail rig project (see OK, let's get started for more). It's a good machine that runs strong and could be a great everyday ride and surprisingly capable off-road mule. This is the truck itself, and some of the add-ons that...
  6. Mike's brother

ECT help – rock and a hard place?

Thanks Boomin. I'll consider this a learning moment and get that manifold lifted. Here's to the adventure.
  7. Mike's brother

ECT help – rock and a hard place?

This is likely a silly question, but I can't find a direct answer so I'm just asking straight away. I'm in the middle of a bunch of upgrades, nose off for winch install, front end stripped bare for ball joints and bushings all around, stainless exhaust, rock sliders ... you all know what it's...
  8. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

Thumbs up from you means a lot. Thanks. Hope you get your rig set up for Moab. I was hoping to make it out there -- never been, and there's a whole lot of folks from here I owe a beer for all the great advice -- but there no way my pile (and my work, and my wife) are going to give in and let me...
  9. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

Thanks man. Keep reading around this forum and the bug will hit you. :exp:
  10. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

Thanks dude, and no worries on the flares. The least we can do for our Canadian brethren. I'll just keep my eye out for someone offering up a used set. With all the Ex's out there, time has to be on my side. And your rig looks great. Love the snorkel.
  11. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

Jen ... I just tore off the lower plastic on my rig and it's a total mess down there. I probably put 2,000 miles on the truck in the past 18 months, and the rust seems worse than when I drive over the salt and dirt every day. It I wasn't adding rock sliders, I'd be worried about having anything...
  12. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

OK, knuckles are bloody and I smacked my head into the butt end of my front axle when a saw blade snapped (dog thought I was down for the count), but the nose is stripped. Plastic, metal and stuff off the front for access, to install the winch and for dealing with way more rust than I expected...
  13. Mike's brother

The Black Hole

Have to add, that is a great looking rear. Looking forward to tales of the Yukon 88 kits. Of course, that means more stuff gets on my someday list. The wife will be thrilled. :exp:
  14. Mike's brother

2001 Ford explorer sport 2 door 4.0l 4x4 body lift?

PA 883 worked like a charm for me, and I'm running the same rig. There's a great how-to sticky by ShadowRaven up top, with lots of added feedback and insight from the past bunch of years. You can find a few 01 Sport thoughts starting around here in my thread too. Good luck. :exp:
  15. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

OK folks, I think I'm back. Between some family issues and a new job that locked me into 80-hour weeks and tons of travel, I missed a complete year or tooling and wheeling. Just rereading this, and it's clear I've got some work to do to be half as good as my BS ... but I'm heading out to the...
  16. Mike's brother

Bolt on rock slider option?

Update on this -- won't work. I checked in on a few other forums dedicated to chassis swaps, and from tranny crossover back the Ex and Ranger are not a match. Bummer. OK then, T-G sliders here I come. Now I just need to save some money to buy ribs and beer for whomever I can get to come...
  17. Mike's brother

Bolt on rock slider option?

Greetings folks. I've been out of the game for almost a year due to some health issues, but I'm diving back in and trying to make up for lost time. One of the mods that's next on my list is sliders, and having zero welding skills I've been looking for the least-fuss slider option out there...
  18. Mike's brother

IFS Heavy Duty Upgrades!

Thanks Gman! As always, above and beyond.
  19. Mike's brother

OK, let's get started

Jenren, thanks for the note. I haven't been here in a while. Some family issues derailed my spring/summer upgrade plans, and I'm always too ashamed to come around when I'm behind on my own work. You're right about those rockers. When they start to go, they go fast. I pulled all the plastic...
  20. Mike's brother

How to: END ALL 98-01 REAR WIPER PROBLEMS!

Gents ... this is amanzing work, and above-and-beyond sharing. I'm adding this to the "if I bump into it at the JY" list for a future weekend project. Thanks! I vote sticky on this one. :exp:
  21. Mike's brother

Lift, best bang for the buck

Some great how-to threads on the PA883 body lift on this forum. Start with http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240957. There's a few tips on my build thread as well, and a ton more from lots of smart folks. No doubt you can work it out. And if all else fails, offer pizza. You...
  22. Mike's brother

Lift, best bang for the buck

If you've done TT and shackles, I'm with Corkey, add a 3-inch body lift ($200) and a set of add-a-leafs ($40) and you're in a good place.
  23. Mike's brother

"Kitrinos" The project that keeps on giving.

Just bumped into this looking for storage platform ideas. Great stuff. Love the way it moves forward. Great fab on those sliders too. definitely one of a kind. Scanning through I saw the 900F in there, and thought you might get a kick out of these ... My 1982 CB900F fresh out of the box (I...
  24. Mike's brother

EF's First Lottery

Total driveway poser: :exp:
Back