Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Dual Moon roof Rattle

Exact same issue going on with mine at 70,000 miles. Its very annoying especially over bumps. If I push up on the back glass the rattle goes away. I have tried tightening up the bolts without any luck, so I am hoping the sealant fix was successful?
  2. J

Split Armrest Issue

Worked with Customer Service.. Since I was out of warranty, Ford agreed to replace the door panel with me paying a deductible.
  3. J

How many have had APIM replaced?

1. 2012 XLT Built August 2011 2. 42700 3. Just had it replaced today. Sept 3, 2013 4. 42700 5. Sudden black screen of death. 6. Iphone 4s 7. We shall see. 8. First one.
  4. J

Split Armrest Issue

Armrest split Just noticed my drivers side armrest has the exact same split. 42,000 miles on a 2012 Explorer XLT, so I am probably screwed. :mad: Obviously, there are some defective parts with molding issues.
  5. J

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

The problem is with the A-Pillar Moldings. Try some blue painters tape and mask off the molding to the windshield. You should notice a considerable difference. Looks like ****, but makes a long drive tolerable.
  6. J

you've got to be f_cking kidding me!
  7. J

Cory, Please post the TSB.
  8. J

I'm being told by my Service mgr that Ford does not have a fix for this yet, and the new A-Pillar trim pieces have not been 100 % successful for this issue. The new moldings have not made any difference on my 2012. No offense to Cory or Ford Cust Service, but I think we all would prefer to...
  9. J

I don't think Ford is communicating with their dealerships on this issue. There should be a formal TSB on this to replace both the upper trim as well as the bottom gasket part. The dealership replaced just the upper black trim part BB5Z-7803137 AA, but not the bottom, and it was not...
  10. J

Picked up my EX this morning with the new A Pillar moldings installed. Driving home on the interstate at 75-80 mph the rattle noise is just as bad if not worse. I'm going to try some tape and see if I can isolate the location. Just don't have the time to take it back in right now.
  11. J

A Pillar fix Just dropped off my 2012 EX at the Dealer today for the A Pillar fix. I hope these new parts take care of the noise issues for good.
  12. J

New ex vs highlander

I too was looking at the Highlander. The EX is much nicer looking inside and out. Drives nicer as well. The Jury is still out on the Quality though. Ford needs to get their Sh_t together and fix the issues with the A-Pillar rattle and MFT. I love my 2012 XLT, but at 1100 miles and...
  13. J

Hopefully Canada has a Lemon Law.
  14. J

PM sent. Waiting for someone to contact me. Hate to say it, but this site is giving me buyers remorse.
  15. J

Whistling noise Hello, New guy to the Ex Forum. Just purchased a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT last week, and I took it on my first road trip yesterday. Noticed the same whistling from my Driver side A Pillar going 80 mph. :frustrate Not what I would expect from a new vehicle with 500 miles on it...
Back