Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Must Fix A/C ASAP

hey there, one suggestion, with the engine running and the ac turned on you say the compressor does not engage, mine had the same symptoms at one time, try hitting the front of the clutch plate with something such as a tire tool or the handle of a long screwdriver while running and ac switched...
  2. T

Hot feet

Hey thanks for the reply, ya, the cats were actually what I was afraid of... They are not red that was one of the first things I thought to look for because I had heard of something like that however the manifolds were white hot when previously they were rust colored. Then after reading a few...
  3. T

Hot feet

Bump! Dont mind if I dooooooo!
  4. T

Hot feet

Oh yeah btw... 4x4 4.0 SOHC '97 If thatmakes any difference
  5. T

Hot feet

Hey everyone, I've got an issue here... over the, past two months, we havenoticed that the floor board of the front two seats is exremely hot, this is a new issuenas we have owned the truck for three years now so i really want to know whats the deal. Coincidental,y this all started shortly after...
  6. T

Part interchange capability question

As far as the rear end goes... Are the axle half shafts the same from 4x4 to awd to 2 wd? 2nd generation explorer, also will the ranger shafts work?
  7. T

North Houston... Please HELP!

For the love of whomever you worship, does anyone know where I can get a used rear half shaft without killing myself at pick a part in the sun? Every yard I have called wants to sell the complete rear end! '97 4x4 passenger side just in case you were wondering. Thanks for lookin and I hope...
  8. T

Well hey to you too and welcome
  9. T

fix interior

Can't see ur pics bro... What's the issue (in case u can't get the pics up, or maybe my iPad is just stupid and won't show em )
  10. T

cracked diff. and running hot.

No sorry I've only owned a couple of 2nd gens but when u said the size was between 3/8 and 7/16 I knew what you were up against. I suggest investing (if you haven't already) in a Haynes manual available at auto parts stores for around fifteen dollars.mif not available chiltons should suffice...
  11. T

cracked diff. and running hot.

It's a metric size... 10 mm socket, there is no direct am stand conversion for a 10 mm such as how u can use a 1/2" for 13 mm and 14 for for 9/16"
  12. T

Propeller shaft upgrade.... Please?

Thanks guys... So is the swap of the output shaft a direct fit And also, in your opinion, would this actually be an "upgrade" or is the cv joint better to have? I just know that the u joints are literally 1/10 of the price if I were to need to replace it again.
  13. T

Propeller shaft upgrade.... Please?

Does anyone have any info perhaps a link to converting from cv to u joint on the transfer case side of the front driveshaft? I'm sure it's been done, any help is appreciated. Thanks
  14. T

Front wheel drive explorer,

Ok ... Update, once I realized I was going no where, I called backup to deliver a new u joint. When the u joint broke, it took a bite out of the hole where it slips thru the shaft as well as a chunk out of the yoke. Was able to successfully re install shaft and make it home... The the wife...
  15. T

Hmmm... Well it won't move, was not expecting that. Is that supposed to happen?
  16. T

Ok well... It's off, I guess we'll see when we get there
  17. T

Ok so right now I'm on the side of the road and my u joint on my rear axel just broke... Broke in such a way that it took a chunk out of my shft. I'm trying to pull the shaft right now but my question is what if anything bad is gonna happen from driving it about 3 miles home with only the...
  18. T

weord stall out while driving this morning

Cool deal... I hope that's all it was, seems to mak sense though because if my fuel is low enough on my 97, it won't start unless on level ground or with the nose elevated somewhat. (yes sometimes I have been that broke that the gas got that low lol)
  19. T

Leaf spring swap

Ya it's from an early 80s mod f150 that u have to get the springs from
  20. T

Idle problem - 1998 Explorer V6 SOHC Eddie Bauer

Check your hoses coming off the back of the intake manifold that go to the "t" then down to the PVC valve... I had same issue in my 97 sohc and one of the hoses was torn in one part and collapsed in another part the hoses are a much easier fix (if that is indeed the problem) than the intake...
  21. T

weord stall out while driving this morning

Steep hill... Over apex... Pointed down... What was your fuel level? Could you have possibly caught an air bubble in the fuel line? Perhaps fuel surged to the front of the tank and away from the pick up tube temporarily, I don't know the placement of these components inside your trucks tank of...
  22. T

And for my next trick

Good morning you magnificent S.O.Bs .... Electric window will only go up unassisted approximately 1/3 of the way. Then if you pull up on it while pushing the button, it will catch and go another 1/3. Mis this the famous crumbling bushing issue? Thanks
  23. T

Wife is tired of sweating

Freon is fine, it doesn't cycle on and off like when low, when energized but not engaged, it is still highly magnetic, just takes a tap, almost like something needs to be lubed cuz it's stuck, ranger, could u point me in the direction of a link on how to adjust it? Thanks guys
  24. T

Front end noise--PLEASE HELP

And btw yes the front driveshaft has a cv at the transfer case side and a u joint at the differential. Please note that this looks nothing like any cv joint that you have seen before such as at the wheels. I actually saw a couple of guys get into an argument on here a week or so ago when the...
Back