Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

More expensive repairs

It is an 02 XLT. Those pictures look right. Its the control module thats disconnected. Can it be tested? Im not familiar with the 4x4 motor. Is that something that can be tested also?
  2. R

More expensive repairs

After 205000 miles Ive bit the bullet and had the rearend rebuilt. Nice to be able to hear the radio instead of the bearings howling. Now the dealer wants to ding me for $1200 because............. Grinding noise when making tight slow turns. Not wheel bearings. Sounds like transfer case...
  3. R

can't remove rear diff drain plug

Did mine today. 2 minutes with a propane torch and they came out very easy
  4. R

2003 fish tailing

And It will go from bad to worse very fast.
  5. R

2002 Ford Fog light kit install

And also report back if your happy with the kit, once you have it installed.
  6. R

02 Transmission R&R

So remove transfer case first, then remove trans? I was thinking they would come out together as a set then split them apart on the gound. Is it as simple as removing the bolts that are holding the two together?
  7. R

02 Transmission R&R

some I have a lift and tranny jack. A rear wheel drive car is no big deal. However, this project is a little scary. I wanted the instructions because a 4x4 is something new to me. Looking at the sticky it seems a bit generic. Maybe I will get a chiltons manual.
  8. R

02 Transmission R&R

Thanks for the tip. Not sure how I missed it in the search
  9. R

02 Transmission R&R

I found this site Looking for repair info for my 2002 Explorer XLT. Ive used the search function and found alot of good information. Something I havent seen is a step by step set of instructions for removing the transmission. Mine has failed and I am thinking of replacing it with a reman...
Back