Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

That's exactly the case. My summer tires are about 15' away in the garage so I always presumed that the signal told the car everything was fine.
  2. R

Paint Issues - Non Hood

I've had for about a year what looks to be popped paint on the tailgate under the chrome trim right where the plate indent starts. I've seen at least one other one. Back then the dealer said it was most likely due to impact. I try to keep it touched up. This weekend I am going to pull the...
  3. R

Probably because the one of the parts depot is in the US. IMHO, the Canadian pricing is so much lower because it's a more competitive market for winter rims and tires. Here in the US, it's much less. Surprisingly I had to replace an alloy rim on my 2011. It was only $199. I expected to...
  4. R

On my 2011, my winter tires do not have the TPMS. Very often the low pressure light doesn't come on for a good half hour after I've been driving.
  5. R

2011 Rear Hatch Paint Chip

Long time lurker. I have a 2011 and last year noticed a paint chip on the rear hatch just under the horizontal chrome trim. I asked the dealer about it just before the 36K mile expired and was told it was probably hit by a rock. I was skeptical but accepted the answer. I've tried to...
  6. R

I ran snows last year without the TPMS. All you get is the steady low pressure light on the dash with a one time chime and occassional warning. You hit the LH OK button and the warning goes away. Sometimes it wouldn't happen for 10-12 miles after starting the car. I figured that the car...
  7. R

I didn't get the TPMS sensors on my winter wheels last year. The large warning light will come on in the left pane with a little chime. You click the left OK button and it goes away leaving just a little warning symbol. The thing I noticed is that it would come on inconsistently. Often I'd...
  8. R

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

I should have been clearer. When applying my polish of choice (Zaino) it's recommended to rub it on using directional strokes. Of course when washing the vehicle, one always has to ensure the washing implement is clean - that's basic.
  9. R

Stickers n your Ex

No stickers allowed on the body - only on the glass. This is what I want to get but wife says no: Actually I have one of each on the upper corners: and
  10. R

Wax & Cleaner Recommendations

I use the MF to wash and cotton to dry but use Zaino products instead. The key to avoiding swirls is the rub horizontal surfaces back and forth and vertical ones up and down. Avoid circular motions.
  11. R

Radio Is Powered Full Time.

My 2005 Passat also has this feature. I can turn on the radio without the keys just by pushing the power button.
  12. R

Wikid-Ex Interior

Instead of the bra - why not do what the kids do before a road trip: It's a bit tedious to apply but it doesn't hurt the paint.
  13. R

Hitch Comparison

The design reminds me of the Westphalia hitches available in Europe. The Westphalia typically replaces the bumper underneath and uses a verrtical attachment of the ball and accessories. This product adds the electric component and I guess I don't understand the need for that.
  14. R

Convert XLT from regular to tow package

Here's the story. We have a 2011 non-tow package XLT bought in 8/11. We wanted one with the tow package but couldn't find on so we had planned on installing a hitch to carry a bike rack and a small utility trailer. In September, it was rear-ended. I mentioned to the shop my idea of...
  15. R

Hitch Comparison

So U-Haul will install a hitch on an Explorer but they won't rent you a trailer to tow??
  16. R

Installing or Programming Daytime Running lights (DRL)

It's not so much that the dash is lit, it's that the new electro-liminescent guages always look the same whether the lights are on or not. So even those without DRL's can think their lights are on. Every vehicle I ever drove previously with DRLS and standard backlit guages, the guages were...
  17. R

weight limit for rear moon roof

Before you use the hard case from sears, go on craigslist and search for yakima or thule. I bought a used rocketbox for $125 on there, used it for 3 years and re-sold it on craigslist for about $100. Those brands are more aerodynamic and will resell better if you are so inclined.
  18. R

Collision Repair......nervous

They are pulling the other parts so they can paint and blend without having to mask the entire vehicle. They probably have a booth reserved just for parts spraying and it's easier for them.
  19. R

Sync Services vs Navigation Screen

Sync services seems more up to date in all honesty. I was trying to use the nav to find a specific address and I guess she didn't like how I asked. So I used sync services and it found the address right away.
  20. R

First Service Appt - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Maybe that's the SOP for ensuring the protection package works??
  21. R

Does anyone else get WWW.Morpace.Com survey requests?

Morpace is a big research company. I've done a number of on-line surveys and focus groups with them.
  22. R

For those of you needing help, here is a good tire size calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html Going from the stock 245/60-18 to my winter setup of 245/65-17 netted a .1 mph difference.
  23. R

Wheelcover Removal

Really?? I was quoted over US$300 each from more than one Ford dealer here in the states for the steel wheels. For a little more than one of those, I went with a set on inexpensive 17" alloys for the winter tires.
  24. R

Two phones via Bluetooth?

My wife is the primary user so we'll leave her BB as the primary. To the OP - instead of trying to listen to music over the BT, why not just plug your phone in via the auxilary or USB connection?
  25. R

Two phones via Bluetooth?

My wife's BB is paired up to the MFT and the car always tries to connect to it. I have to wait until it fails and then I manually connect my iPhone via MFT. It's recognized but always tries to connect to her BB first.
Back