Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Windshield Sunshade for Explorer?

Sunshade Recommendation? Does anyone have a sunshade they can recommend? It is starting to get hot here in AZ and I figure I better pull the trigger on one soon before i start to regret it. I found a heatshield brand sunshade on amazon that looks pretty nice since its custom fit, but i'm not...
  2. F

Radio Signal Cuts Out

Thanks for all the replys. I did some more searching and saw there was another thread on this topic, so sorry for reposint. I still am surprised my wife's XM works perfectly fine and Sirius cuts out, since they are both satellite and all. I would be surprised if there was an XM repeater near...
  3. F

My XLT Review

A few updates: - I realized i never really referenced the BLIS. So far i like it. It is especially useful when it is dark out because I can easily see the indicator light out of the corner of my eye. Just this morning when merging onto the freeway the light came on out of the corner of my...
  4. F

My XLT Review

As far as MPG i consider myself somewhat of a lead foot, so i by no means try to maximize gas mileage. My tacoma was rated 17 City / 19 Highway (i believe) and i seemed to consistently get 19-20 mpg's in my daily commute mixed driving. The third tank i referenced is saying right about 23.5...
  5. F

Radio Signal Cuts Out

I posted this in my review but figured i'd create a separate thread since a quick search did not reveal others with this issue. My only real issue with my X so far is with the Sirius Radio. When i drive under a bridge or pull into my garage the radio cuts out. My wife has XM in her vehicle...
  6. F

My XLT Review

I took delivery of my 2012 XLT (Red Candy, 205A, BLIS, Tow) on December 17th so i have now had a little over 2 weeks (and about 800 miles) to run it through its paces. I placed the order on 11/9, got the VIN on 11/21, vehicle was built on 12/1, delivery to the dealership on 12/15. So whole...
  7. F

2013 Explorer ...

What he meant was that he ordered an XLT and wished he could have got the 2nd row buckets.
  8. F

Just ordered 2012 Limited

Put my VIN into the window sticker site this morning and voila, i now have my window sticker! It is being built on 12/1 as my salesman suspected. As an added bonus nothing looks wrong on it either, haha. It has the right colors and options. Looking more and more likely that i'll have it by...
  9. F

ordered 2012 Limited 9/30 and still no word

I posted this in a different thread also but i ordered mine on 11/9. I decided to call my salesman yesterday to inquire if he had the DORA or a VIN he could give me, since it had been a little over a week and a half. I was prepared to go into a lengthy discussion about how i knew he should...
  10. F

Update to my order that i placed on 11/9. I just talked to my dealer and he gave my my VIN and said that it appeared my X was scheduled to be built the week of Dec 1st. So with any luck i may have a shiny new christmas present come Dec 25th :)
  11. F

I'm in the same boat with you guys. Placed my order on 11/9. I haven't tried contacting my dealer yet about the DORA, but i figured i'd give it 14 days or so after the order. Here's hoping we magically get them before christmas, but i'm not holding my breath. And lets hope they are not doing...
  12. F

2012 Short Model Year?

I'm kind of in the same situation you are, but i actually did place an order last week. I would not be interested in postponing it or anything unless something significant was changing. Though i would be disappointed if they made something like Adaptive Cruise Control an option on the XLT and...
  13. F

2012 Short Model Year?

Does anyone have any insight as to what (if anything) will be different in the 2013MY?
  14. F

XLT 205A vs Limited 300A

I am in somewhat of the same situation as you. I am hopefully ordering my X this week and have been toying with the XLT vs Limited. The questions is, if you take the 20" wheels out of the equation (which could be added to the XLT for around $1100) is it worth paying $1800 to never have to...
  15. F

Anyone gotten a brochure and $750 coupon lately?

I requested a brochure last Friday and received an email yesterday with the $750 Private Cash coupon in it. Here is a copy of the text it says, just in case anyone is curious $750 PRIVATE CASH* It's not every day you get an offer like this: $750 in Private Cash when you purchase or lease a...
  16. F

Hydroplaning

I rented an explorer back in July and experienced some hydroplaning while driving back to the airport in what i would consider a torrential downpour. There was quite a bit of water accumulation of the highway (i think the speed-limit was 65 and i was probably doing 55) so i'm not sure it was...
Back