Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

2014 explorer already on site

So they got rid of the dark green already?
  2. M

About to buy a 2013 Sport Explorer and these forums scare me!

Checkit20, People come to product forums to complain. It's true for any product. That's why there's an inordinately large number of complaints here. I've had my '12 limited for over a year and never had to master reset or pull a fuse. A couple times I had to turn off my car and...
  3. M

2013 Limited versus 2013 XLT

The limited also has the high definition radio over the XLT.
  4. M

Naming our new kiddo

Maybe name it Hal Jordan?
  5. M

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel

... If you don't mind not having a 3rd row seat.
  6. M

Vacation ruined by over heating New Explorer

See, here's your problem. You have an early build 2011. Not every explorer is having these problems. Not even nearly a majority are. In fact I'd wager that less than 5% of all explorers built since 2011 have these problems. This includes 2011's, 2012's, and 2013's. HOWEVER, a very large...
  7. M

Vacation ruined by over heating New Explorer

Lemme take a wild guess. Early build 2011?
  8. M

Got My Recall Notice for Cooling Fans..

I thought this service bulletin was only for the early 2011's, but I just got the letter for my late 2012. So they're covering all model years?
  9. M

My New Kodiak Brown Explorer!!!

I like the color and the photography talent!
  10. M

Has anyone here transitioned from a 2006-2010 Explorer to a 2011+ Explorer?

Honestly, if you can, look for a 2012 or 2013. Or do research on the VIN of the 2011 before you buy. If it's an early build 2011 it might still have a lot of the problems that plagued the early 2011's. Later 2011's don't have nearly the problems.
  11. M

Fire!!!

For actual FIRE, you need 3 things. Fuel, Oxygen, and Ignition. Ignition could have been caused by an arc. Oxygen is pretty obvious here. What you're lacking is fuel. Plastic (like around the wires) can burn but its ignition temperature is much higher than an arc from anything in that area...
  12. M

Finally just gave up.

Seems like the early 2011's are the ones having the lion's share of the issues.
  13. M

I really like my Explorer!

I'm loving mine as well. I have a few slight issues, but they're slight enough that my desire to not be without my Explorer for a few days outweighs my desire to get them fixed. :) By the way, I've gotten a LOT of compliments on the color of my Golden Bronze Metallic from total strangers at...
  14. M

Pecan interior fail

Ford's website is terribad at reproducing any of the actual colors. Actually all car websites are terrible at it. Just goes to show, there's no such thing as too much research. Always see the color with your own eyes before buying. I think the pecan interior is pretty awesome, personally. :)
  15. M

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

I think this bears mentioning. The Explorer is not a $40k vehicle, or a $50k vehicle. The "standard" explorer is a $28k vehicle. A Limited 302A with everything is essentially a $28k base model with leather seats, bigger rims, and a bunch of electronics. All those bells and whistles add a lot...
  16. M

REVIEW: I picked up new 2013 Ford Explorer this past Saturday (3/31/2012)

When I took my first test drive, my salesperson took the time to show me all around MFT. I'm sorry you didn't get that same service. You should have found the time to test the system and/or had it demo'd to you before pulling the trigger on a $40k purchase.
  17. M

Rebecca (or whomever) are we ever going to get a real answer???

I really don't want to be rude, but I don't think my answer will be any more rude than some of the posts against Ford lately. The answer is you don't need to know why. SyncMyRide.com has very clear instructions on who should go to the dealer and who doesn't need to. You might as well be...
  18. M

Kodiak Brown Photo

Ooh that brown is really dark. Almost chocolate brown.
  19. M

Will I regret this?

All known major problems were fixed on all vehicles built after November of 2011, according to the TSB thread. This includes the A Pillar rattle, rain noise, oil smell, etc. The 2013's will have the new MFT pre-installed. You shouldn't have any worries.
  20. M

Kodiak Brown Photo

Only thing I've found so far is a description of the color: Kodiak Brown, named after Alaska’s Kodiak bear for its richness and strong presence, is a deep brown with slight warm highlights. The fashion industry pairs it as a neutral with black, caramels, blues and greens
  21. M

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

syncmyride.com says the USB keys were mailed to customers on March 8th. It doesn't say "starting", or any indication that they are sending them in batches. http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/UpdateCenter/ContactUsToPerformUpgrade.aspx
  22. M

My Sync Upgrade yet?

To be fair, you paid for the vehicle. If your vehicle was dead and could not start, or could not steer, or could not brake, then you would have a point. The actual itemized cost of the various parts including the MFT software is not known, though *replacement* part costs can be obtained. In...
  23. M

Where is the passenger radio volume control

How did he not verify that the vehicle had Navigation by LOOKING AT IT before signing the final paperwork?
  24. M

Rough idle

Thanks for that. I have an email off to my sales guy about it and will likely call the service department soon. Normally I would have just called service, but my sales guy specifically told me to let him know if I had any issues. So I am. :salute:
Back