Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Is the Explorer reliable?

I say it is somewhat reliable however I am more than likely going to trade it in very soon for a JGC Lardeo 4x4. I havent taken it in for the repairs needed (a pillar rattle, streaking windows, MFT and interior lighting issues). 5k miles and I am done with it. Sucks.
  2. J

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

I get no better than 19 in the city on a very good day. Most of the time I am at 18.Highest highway I have gotten is 24 on a 180 mile trip. Flat, no wind.
  3. J

Hood Lettering

Where did you get the letters?
  4. J

Accessory Lights - Exterior?

Depends on when you want them on. I would assume tap into the parking lights. That is what I would do at least.
  5. J

Hood Lettering

Where did you obtain the letters? Looks awesome.
  6. J

Kind of like a before and after... in one image

I like the hood lettering but not too keen on the "Interceptor" decal. Maybe if the PB was black. Speaking of, my black PB400 will be here next week. Excited. Almost wish I had gotten a black Ex. My 2007 was all black with a PB and I miss it. Nice looking Explorer.
  7. J

Video while driving hack...

I'm good. Thanks, though. Go try the local high school.
  8. J

Maybe to you but not to a lot of us. Now, I do agree with a law we have here in Texas which is no cell phones allowed while in an active school zone. With that, there are people in the streets and a higher chance of kids running around and playing so the driver should be only focused on what is...
  9. J

So who are you to decide what is or isn't safe for drivers to do? There is no reason to go faster than 70MPH (as an example since a lot of freeways are 65-75) but obviously automobiles still go much faster than that. There is no reason to blast a sound system louder than what can be heard from...
  10. J

Opinions from owners needed: Accessories

Tint all windows except windshield eyebrow. K&N air filter
  11. J

weight limit for rear moon roof

why not slide the cross rails closer together?
  12. J

Climate (aircon)

Still does it regardless of Auto HVAC or not being enabled.
  13. J

Climate (aircon)

Mine does this same thing. Wish I could change it. Annoying when it is off and I turn it off when it is 20 degrees outside and it blows full blast from a cold start. I have auto HVAC but rarely use it.
  14. J

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Emergency lighting for First EMS/Fire: Federal Signal, Feniex, Laird and Sound Off Equipment. 30% tint two fronts/ 20% tint all other windows Setina PB400 arriving this week K&N air filter Cowles T3800 Clear U-Door Edge
  15. J

Climate (aircon)

lol...aircon
  16. J

weight limit for rear moon roof

+1. $130 a lot cheaper than replacing the moonroof. And they prevent scratching.
  17. J

How to: Explorer LED Interior swap + Puddle Lamps DIY

Does anyone know if the second row dome light is the same as the third row? 2012 XLT, no moonroof (both dome lights in the center of headliner; housing looks almost identical in shape and size except buttons are different)
  18. J

Which HID kit to buy?

The higher the number the more blue it will be however with the higher number (higher/hotter temp) brightness/lumens drop and the color moves towards purple. Most states it is illegal anyway to have them. Ideal is 5000k or 6000k. 5000k is your best bet for brightness because anything lower than...
  19. J

New here, seriously looking at buying.

I was just above $34k on mine. '12, XLT Ecoboost, 205A with Nav and 5 year/60k extended warranty/ maint. plan.
  20. J

Greasy front windows?

I just searched "streaking windows" http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332090&highlight=streaking+windows http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312770&highlight=streaking+windows...
  21. J

2011 Ford Explorer Water Retention in Doors

Curious how this could be a problem since all three of my past Fords have done the exact same thing yet never noticed an issue.
  22. J

2011 Ford Explorer Water Retention in Doors

My 2001 Ranger 4x4, 2007 Explorer XLT and my 2012 Explorer XLT have all done this. No problems discovered, ever.
  23. J

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Sorry for being late to the party but if you have stated it was locking you wouldn't have confused readers. Being that it IS locking and not a typical gas cap.
Back