Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Hey: I got mine fixed around January 2012 at Campbell Ford in Ottawa. When the mechanic removed the trim he had concerns that the clips would break and he was right. So the dealer had to order new ones, which meant that my Explorer was at the dealer for an extra day. No biggy. Anyway...
  2. D

Hey GVerreault: Yes, it's an offical TSB, but mine is 2011 built in June. Again, I'm not sure of the exact TSB number. I just remember me seeing the words "A pillar rattle" on the TSB list that the service advisor had. In fact when the service advisor was looking at the paper, he said he...
  3. D

Hi Everyone: The A pillar noise in mine was fixed recently. I'm not sure about the TSB number. Here is what I find interesting. When the mechanic was removing the A pillar moldings, he apparently told the shop foreman that the clips holding the molding would probably brake. However...
  4. D

Explorer Dead Pedal / Left foot rest.

Hi Peterk9. Thanks for the welcome message.
  5. D

The only problem with removing it, is underneath the dead pedal there are holes in the carpet that expose the body. I'm thinking of making a flat one out of painted steel or aluminum.
  6. D

Hey: The dead pedal isn't permanent. I removed it the other day to clean salt stains that where next to it. Simply pull up on it to remove it.
  7. D

Hi Cory: I'm also having the A pillar noise. The noise is a high frequency flapping noise that starts at 110 km/h (70 mph). However, when I brought the SUV to the dealer they said that the TSB didn't apply to my vehicle. The other problem I'm having is the vehicle is extremely noisy in...
Back