Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Another coolant leak

I would also say heater core/valve, and very unlikely it's the block. You'd blow the head gasket first (how hot did it get, btw?). What about the hoses themselves? And you're adding water and coolant I hope(tho you just said water). I believe that if you run too much water it puts more pressure...
  2. R

I had my plugs and wires changed and now my gas mileage sucks.

The last thing I'd do would be to ask them to put in 02 sensors. That doesn't sound like the problem, and they sound like they are just guessing at this stuff anyway. Did they say any of the plugs looked fouled when they took them out? That info would be helpful. You might want to check the...
  3. R

I had my plugs and wires changed and now my gas mileage sucks.

If you had a shop do the work, you should ask them. At least have them explain exactly what they did. And have you looked at the fuel filter that they put in? Maybe there's a little leak...from everything you described, that's what it sounds like to me. Make sure they didn't put it in backwards.
  4. R

Thermostat Bolts

OK, I bought the helicoils, and some new bolts, and went to tackle the problem. I decided just to try one of the new bolts before putting in the helicoils or trying anything else. In short, it seems to have worked, as those bolts grind in there pretty tight and I am able to torque them down...
  5. R

Thermostat Bolts

Thanks for these replies. I'd say they look like the helicoils, rather than the original threads, though could be wrong about that. The bolt threads all the way in...that is, it's pretty tight the whole way but only at the end does it keep moving, and even then you have to have the wrench on it...
  6. R

Thermostat Bolts

I just replaced my thermostat today, and when I tightened the top two bolts, they kept turning. I backed one out and noticed that it had a sort of thin spring or something wrapped around it, though it was mostly broken. I removed it completely. I turned the bolt back in, it doesn't seem...
Back