Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Stalling at idle, at wits end...

Well about two weeks after that last post, it stalled again. Here's the deal, I have noticed that it stalls when I am low on gas. Once it gets to that point it will stall after I fill it up for awhile. I have added SeaFoam to 1/2 gas tank, ran it to almost empty then filled up and added...
  2. T

Just a quick update... Took it by my mechanics and sure enough the IAC was brand new. He swapped it out with a different one and it hasn't stalled yet, BUT the idle still feels funky and on the low/rough side. I will keep you guys posted.
  3. T

I suspect this is the case.
  4. T

Yes, Captain Obvious has a hard time getting through to me sometimes. I will look at this. I have been thinking it could be vacuum. My mechanic says if it is vacuum it would start right back up after it stalls (which is rarely the case here) so he is dismissive of the whole vacuum thing...
  5. T

98% of the research that I have done on this points to the IAC. That is why we are going to replace it with a new one. With that said... Unfortunately, I have not idea one as to how to test it. BUT the MAF is easy to clean. It is located by the air filter on the conduit that runs from the air...
  6. T

Yes. It was a new one. We are going to swap it out under warranty now though. We both have come full circle. When he originally put it in the car ran great for a little while, then started stalling again... I will keep you posted. Thanks. This forum is awesome & you are all worth your weight...
  7. T

Well... At least it is an new adventure everyday on the freeway... *sob*
  8. T

Very interesting. I did check the vacuum reservoir under the fender and it had vacuum. (this was before the stalling issue) HOWEVER, I could only blow through one of the lines. I could not blow through the other one... Shouldn't I be able to blow through both?
  9. T

If I get a vacuum tester, what do I look for & how will I know if I found it?? :(
  10. T

Turns over, but doesn't start

try tapping the crankshaft sensor (coulda been camshaft sensor, not sure)... I had a similar issue and a few light taps & I was in business. My sensor was underneath on the lowest pully. A quick google search should show you the culprit. I hope this helps. It did for me. Remember to...
  11. T

Ok... Correction. The IAC was replaced... As were the fuel pump relay and the relay just North of it. We elimanated the possiblity of the rollover switch also, as it needs to be reset before the car will start again. Regarding the fuel pump... He had the car for a week. I had him drive it...
  12. T

Ok, first I would like to thank you all for your help! Here is the update... It is still stalling. As reported before I had already: replaced (or cleaned): Cleaned Idle air control valve (first visit) Cleaned throttle body (first visit) Spark plugs (second visit) Ignition wires (second...
  13. T

I will also bring this up. I have seen intake leaks before. I mentioned this before and he said that it would probably run poorly all the time rather than at idle/braking. Incidentally, by idle, I mean my foot is off the accelerator. It has died on the freeway while I was coasting at about 60...
  14. T

I wonder... I have always suspected that it was related. I will talk to my mechanic about it and see what he has to say. I will print this thread out and take it with me next time I go.
  15. T

yup... it is a 4.0 SOHC. I am not sure, but I think my mech said he would see a lean bank code if it were the manifold...
  16. T

Hmmmm, interesting. I haven't heard this one before.
  17. T

Would this generate a code? I asked my mech about a manifold leak and he said it would generate a code & always run crappy. I am going out now to see if it is the sohc...
  18. T

Most likely. I believe he may have just cleaned it and not replaced. From my research it seems a likely culprit... I wonder if I should have it replaced outright... I have fixed the post.
  19. T

I have an 2000 eb explorer. I love the truck, but lately I have been having some serious issues with it... Namely, it stalls sometimes at idle. It has been into the mechanic many times. Each time it seemed to make it a bit better, but after a couple of weeks it dies. At first it would start...
  20. T

Intermittent Air To Dash Vents

I have a 2000 Explorer (Eddie Bauer) with auto climate controls (with controls on the steering wheel as well as the dash) Recently air stopped coming out of the dash. The AC clutch engages, but no love from the vents... :( I replaced the relay and checked the fuses but no dice. Recently...
Back