Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

01 Ranger 2.5 exhaust

i have an 01 Ranger with the 2.5 engine. i am wondering how i can make the exhaust sound better. i wish i could afford a v6 or v8, but the gas would kill me. I cant stand the sound of these fart cans in these civics and sunfires that wake me up at 4 in the morning from 3 miles away. i just want...
  2. E

MAC Intake

I tried restore. didnt do too much, seemed to idle smoother. Seafoam was a much better expendature of money. Seafoam is amazing!! If u dont know what seafoam is search for it Scott
  3. E

Help Diagnosing Tranny probs

Ya the fluid is fine. The mechanic said it smelled alittle burnt, but that it was ok. other than that he didnt say anything else about the tranny, except to bring it to a tranny shop. My truck is only worth 3900 bucks and it already needs 1000 dollars worth of stuff before we even touch the...
  4. E

Help Diagnosing Tranny probs

Well i got a 96 sport with 4x4 and 140,000 on the clock. I am starting to have some strange tranny probs. First of all it seems to slip sometimes when i floor it on the highway. Its not the gears slipping but something else. The tranny will have downshifted properly but the tranny seems to...
  5. E

Think'n of dumping my wifes X for a S60. What do you think?

My mother just bought a s60. I drove it home from the dealer. Its VERY comfy. alot better than the s70's weve had. It has a lack of power tho. I would get the t5 version if i were you, more fun to drive. The front has plenty of room, but the backseat legroom is pretty small. Trunk is kinda...
  6. E

Body Lift Write-up?

davidmmmmm669 did u do your body lift yet? Im thinking about getting the same exact kit for my 96 sport. Let me know how it goes. thanks Scott
  7. E

Body Lift Write-up?

aww it says i have to join kodak in order to view the pics :(
  8. E

this will make your ears hurt, beleive me

lol at j602..... im not gonna even comment on this thread, what i was gonna say has been said many times over. haha and welcome to the boards!
  9. E

Explorer Specific Body Lifts by 4Crawler

I would def love to see something like this happen. Complete with bumper brackets and all. I would Prefer a 2in lift Scott
  10. E

which alarm to get?

I wasnt sayin anythin bad about the DEI system, im a big fan of it. My best friend and my dad both have viper systems in their cars. I was just comparing. Scott
  11. E

which alarm to get?

My friend has that Viper paging alarm on his truck. I have a Autopager system on mine. Which is an LCD alarm also. His viper alarm is nice but does not have the range mine does. Mine also has a few weird little bells and whistles, like it tells me the temperature inside the car and stuff. But if...
  12. E

15-35% mileage increase

well those results are kinda depressing. Scott
  13. E

15-35% mileage increase

subscribing
  14. E

My new brushguard

is that brushguard mounted to the frame?? or is it a bumper mount. Scott
  15. E

New to the X (well 4x4 really) - from Western, MA

the lift law for ma is some formula like track/wheelbase*2000 or something like that, search for it on google. Scott
  16. E

ipod in x - neat custom install

Ive seen this b4, but i cant remember where. Maybe on mp3car.com . Oh well i still think its awesome. Scott
  17. E

Putting subs in my 02 explorer

I would not get the stealthbox. It seems to me to be a waste of money. If i were you i would just get a regular 10in box and take it out whenever your going to shows. I mean you would only have to unplug the speaker wire going to the box. Scott
  18. E

Massachusetts Laws Regarding Modified Exhausts

dont worry about it. mines catback and is fine. no probs whatsoever Scott
  19. E

Is my tranny startin to go?!!?

haha im waitin for those tranny guru's Scott
  20. E

Is my tranny startin to go?!!?

Well i noticed originally that my tranny was starting to slip. i could tell when i floored it on the highway it would rev weird and seem to all of a sudden grab. Now i got a new problem if i give it gas to get out of OD on the highway it stays at about 3000 rpm and will not go back into OD...
  21. E

NEX Music Video

feel free to use any in my webshots. Scott W1SSR
  22. E

Pioneer DEH-P7600MP Display Funkiness

yes button 5 is to turn off the reverse display, and 6 is to turn off demo mode. To turn these off the unit has to be powered off. And it will beep when it works, just hold 5 for a second or two Scott
  23. E

HELP! quick wiring ques for alarm

you happen to know where it is by any chance? haha
  24. E

ya i cant find the horn wire, dont know where it is.
  25. E

Ok guys i installed an alarm/ remote start in my truck, everything seems to be working fine. But i cant find the wire coming from the steering wheel which is the switch wire for the horn. I found the right color wire, but its in yellow sleeving, and i think thats airbag stuff. I also need to...
Back