Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

As was your due diligence to ensure that all was in order prior to taking delivery the first time....Of course an upstanding dealership would most likely have noticed the flaws and corrected them during their own pre-delivery inspection prior to turning the vehicle over to their customer...
  2. H

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

The question begs to be asked....Did you not do your homework? If it looks cheaply put together and it looks cheap under the hood.....why did you buy one??? Secondly....why did you accept delivery of the vehicle if it had said flaws when you first picked it up??? Take some responsibility here....
  3. H

Touch Up Paint Mismatch

If you purchase something off Ebay...your on your own...as stated previously, a trip to the dealer with the VIN # would have ensured you having received the correct colour for your vehicle....you only have yourself and the seller you bought the paint from on Ebay to blame otherwise....
  4. H

New Guy with Explorer Sport Questions

Why don't you simply call the dealer directly and ask them to confirm???
  5. H

Hood Struts ??

You can't be serious? How many owners do you think really care how the hood is propped up? Doesn't cheapen the vehicle in any way in my opinion. Too many nit picky people demanding "perfection".....please be mindful that it also starts off as a $30K vehicle...I suppose you feel that a $30K...
  6. H

Poor credit leasing - buddy declined for ford but OK for jeep?

Agreed....the fact that he has a lousy credit score but still believes he should be in a higher priced vehicle he obviously can't afford is amusing in itself. Building up his credit score and leasing a lower priced vehicle (or buying an older used one instead) is what he should be concentrating...
  7. H

2016 Keyless Entry Issue in Rain

Key fob is always in my pocket....non issue for me.......
  8. H

explorer 2016 Base from Hell

Union rhetoric at its best.....nauseating.....:mattmoon:
  9. H

Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP)

You can still offer the dealer your business....so long as they are willing to match the fordesp.ca price you get. Wait till near the end of the 1st year or wait closer until the 3 yrs are up and then pay an additional $100.00. I wasn't sure at the time I bought the vehicle that I wanted the ESP...
  10. H

I called fordesp.ca to get a quote and then used it as ammunition to get my dealer to match it which they did. I saved a few hundred dollars by doing so. They had to escalate it up to the owner to have it approved. You simply give them the choice....match it, or tell them you'll buy it from...
  11. H

Should Ford Cover This?

There isn't a chance Ford would cover this, nor should they be expected to (goodwill or otherwise). Likely not worth the trouble to pursue an insurance claim either.....
  12. H

Disappointed in Ford

Please know that had you performed your own pre-delivery inspection prior to taking ownership, you could have refused the vehicle at that time. Lesson learned...
  13. H

Anyone lease and bought it out after 3 years?

LOL :bsnicker:.....kind of like those auto dimming side mirrors you yourself demand it should also have eh? :hammer:
  14. H

Dimming side mirrors?

Ummm....you do realize that you are simply reinforcing the point I made with regards to trim levels right?.....The available options within those trim levels obviously also come in to play (I didn't realize that I had to spell it out). At the end of the day...the significant difference between...
  15. H

Dimming side mirrors?

Me? A Fanboy?....Not at all my friend. Oh, and by the way...the Sport is not to be considered a trim level above the Limited...it's just a "different" trim. The Platinum is the step up from the Limited by virtue that it has all that the Ltd has to offer plus more. Just because the Sport may...
  16. H

Dimming side mirrors?

Does anyone know if the twin turbo engine from the Sport can be easily retrofitted into the Limited? I'm tired of being caught by traffic behind me. $50K for a vehicle that doesn't have this as standard equipment? Come on, Ford!!! Sorry about the sarcasm (not really).....As I've mentioned...
  17. H

My Sport thougts as I roll lots of miles

Exactly...Lincoln is Ford's luxury division... $50K should not be considered to be a "luxury" price positioned vehicle. There are a ton of vehicles from many manufacturers that can be optioned out to hit that price point and most people would not remotely consider them as luxury vehicles. In...
  18. H

2015 Limited 2nd row rattle

LOL...your original post was referring to a simple rattle and nothing more....so obviously that was what I was referring to in my comments back to you. Then all of a sudden you mention all of the other issues that you have been experiencing as well...like somehow the rest of us knew that...
  19. H

2015 Limited 2nd row rattle

Seriously? Getting an attorney involved due to a small rattle? Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. You're wasting more time dicking around at the dealership and demanding that they fix it for you than if you simply take care of the issue (easily fixed/corrected) by yourself. A huge...
  20. H

Purchase the Ford ESP and you will not have that type of experience....
  21. H

He's only entitled to get his deductible back (if he had one) since he would have had no other out of pocket expenses.......
Back