Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

91 Exp Won't Start

Try another filter. Maybe by putting the first one in wrong you messed it up? Just a thought
  2. W

stereo quit in my 94 explorer

Stock radios are junk. Just go to the yard & get another, or upgrade. They are not the most dependable part on an explorer
  3. W

MAF Only

Wreckers wanted $50 for the sensor. got 1 for $25 on e-bay. Cleaned it with contact cleaner & it runs fine. ARCO777.... new sensor from the Autozones & NAPA only sell the sensor & housing. Did away with the secure Torx 20 (little nub in the middle) & riveted it to the housing. So now it's a...
  4. W

high idle in drive and rough idle in park

Found a whole set at Autozone for $10 - 20. They were in the tool aisle, Also, these screws are common on computers, so a Staples or computer store may have them
  5. W

I think that pipe to the exhaust is the EGR, no? Try to clean the mass air flow sensor. It's that black box connected to wiring between the air filther & the intake. Careful not to break the light bulb type filiments. Use some contact cleaner & allow to dry
  6. W

Perplexed by CEL

Last time my CEL went on & off with no code was when the gas cap gasket went. Some petroleum jelly & a few extra turns solved it (at least it stopped doing it)
  7. W

Thicker one, not sure. Transmission vac modular maybe? Really thick one on mine is the brake booster
  8. W

pulled codes. need info.

No codes is good. The koer is a bit more complicated. You need to do some brake stepping, then gear shifting. Better read up on it. I tried it, but was not as successful as my Uncles code reader
  9. W

1992 Explorer - an amuzing low fuel warning

Casper the friendly fuel ghost? :) Welcome to the forum!
  10. W

Check for a hose that came off the vacuum tree. Also check the brake booster hose on the driver side fender. That one seems to look connected when it really is not. My tree has 5 hoses & a capped port. (I think 5) If that doesn't help, then clean your Mass Air Flow sensor. Little square box with...
  11. W

'92 Explorer is falling apart.

Welcome. You want a list? AC inop, Auto hubs broken, 4 sets of ball joints, driver side window went down by itself (brain box in door replaced), driver window doesn't go down (gear needs work in the spring), MAF sensor replaced, Front u-joint (in a rainstorm), exhaust broke in half (spot...
  12. W

pulled codes. need info.

When you jump the wire & turn the key you will get the fast codes. You should get: 111 a second or two pause 111 a second or two pause 1 a 6 second or so pause now the real codes start. The 111 is a check (I believe) kind of telling you it is actually reading. You said you had no CEL, so these...
  13. W

1993 idler pulley bolt size

2 different sizes, 10mm & ??? maybe 8mm?? I forget the other, been a while since I did mine. I had to order from the dealer as it is not at part stores
  14. W

94 code pull

By the way, 111 is the code to tell you it is reading. This should be flashed as: 111 111 1 Now your problem codes will read I learned this using the paper clip method DaRoche put a sticky up on. He has a link to all the codes posted there, just gotta dig for it
  15. W

Opinions for engine temp issue.

I would check the fluid level. Could have air trapped in the system. Make sure the reservoir is filled to it's level as well.
  16. W

help with engine/fusebox

There is a map on the lid for the relays, but the 1st 4 (closest to the firewall) are the same. I believe the heater blower is top left (closest top to the fender). I turn my blower on high, then put the relays in that socket. If the relay is in & no blower (you can hear it from outside), then...
  17. W

Intermittent CEL after changing IAC

Clean the Mass Air flow sensor (Right after the airbox). The 2 filaments can get dirty, use some contact cleaner to spray them clean. Tor 20 secure (little nub in the middle, I got a set of wrenches from autozone for $10)
  18. W

Parting out 94 Eddie Bauer

Found one close on Craigslist. Thanks anyway
  19. W

White Smoke Good Compression?

Check your Mass Air flow sensor. Get the secure (little nub in the middle) Torx 20 allen wrench & clean the filiments. You could be running lean due to the wires being dirty, but not enough to set off the CEL.
  20. W

looking for tips of scrapping out

I would grab all the sensors, EEC relays, ac compressor, even the radiator if it's good. Transfer case, auto hubs are all things that like to give you a headache
  21. W

Just need the sensor. Yards here want $40, was hoping for less
  22. W

Mass Air flow sensor to 01056?
  23. W

MAF Only

Thanks all. I confirmed this by talking to a '98 owner. He said it's all 1 unit & the sensor is riveted onto the housing. So I guess I'm off to the junk yard & hope for the best. $160 for a sensor & housing is pretty steep for a '94. I'd rather dump that money elsewhere in the old girl, you know?
  24. W

MAF Only

So my Mass Airflow sensor is shot & need a new one. The Autozones & Pepboys sell the sensor & housing only. Does anyone know where I can get the sensor only?
  25. W

94 XLt with multiple engine codes

Run it for a while then check the codes again to see if they really cleared. Mabe all that other junk was due to the 2 bad sensors?
Back