Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

My explorer sport build

hey guys, i have been slow with my build >.< but here is a bit of an update and some pictures. I have welded my coil buckets onto the frame and mounted my spring seats onto the radius arms so i can jack it onto its own weight (kinda). ive got the steering box mocked up where it...
  2. B

My explorer sport build

Radius arms are welded together and also put a bend in them for tire clearance. Because the stock radius arms are cast steal We made sure to heat them up till they were blue before bonding to the dom.
  3. B

My explorer sport build

Well guys I've been gettin antsy to get wheelin so been working on the explorer. 79d60 fits perfect , ride height will allow 38" tire and will have around 7-9" up travel for nice cuison trail rider. I got my johny joints, Dom tubing and couple other odds and ends last week to build my...
  4. B

My explorer sport build

Frame is cleaned up and almost ready to start burning material on(need to go Buy still) centered the axle and found where it should be. Drive shaft is questionable but I should beable to work it out. I'm wishing a 78-79 d60 housing wasn't so hard to find orelse driveshaft would be dead nuts and...
  5. B

My explorer sport build

Well started some chopping, for you low budget guys I found a sawsal works great for cutting brackets off the frame. It's nicer than a torche of a plasma cutter because it doesn't tamper the metal and make it hard to grind.
  6. B

My explorer sport build

Thanx for the interest man. I'm hopping I can have it done before snow flies again next winter. I haven't got the money at the moment to buy material to build my front suspention. I'm goin to take all the brake line out and abs than run new lines this weekend. Maybe experament what stuff I can...
  7. B

My explorer sport build

Got a bit of an update I picked up a 9" third member with a Detroit locker and 513 gears for less than half price of a Detroit locker alone
  8. B

My explorer sport build

I will be turning the Dama 60 hubs on a lathe to convert to 5 lug bolt patern. I want to shave off weight and have it Easyer to maintain. I am still going to run the one ton 9/16 studs so I can still torque the tires on at 140 fpt
  9. B

My explorer sport build

Well I've got alot of work ahead of me, have been collecting parts for a while now. I will be building my 1995 explorer sport 5 speed. I will be swapping in a Dana 60 front( converted to 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern and also possible narrowed use a 79 Dana 60 axle shaft on the passenger side)and a 9"...
  10. B

The fat ******* 95 Sport

Sky jacker coils >.< last coils I would ever buy
  11. B

The fat ******* 95 Sport

My brother has 5.5 super flex early bronco coils in the front of his explorer they are mint
  12. B

The fat ******* 95 Sport

Looks like it works good, judging from the video needs some shocks, lots of rebound
  13. B

The fat ******* 95 Sport

man thats very nice, i have a 95 sport aswell, have been deciding wether to just sas it with an early bronco d44 or a full width 44... youve just sold me on full widths haha. couple questions did you strengthen the frame behind the coil buckets and track bar bracket? i noticed you bolted them...
  14. B

hello from ontario

been thinkin about it
  15. B

hello from ontario

^ lol yup it is, i was very amazed how well they fit underneath it and i am very pleased how well it performs on and offroad
  16. B

hello from ontario

hey guys, ive been browsing this forum for a long time, finaly just got around to registering lol I have a 1995 2nd gen explorer 2 door. Its got the traditional ohv 4.0l with a 5 speed. truck is stock with about 1" of lift from cranking the torsion bars and added leafs to allow 33 12.5...
Back