Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Interior Door panel issue / separation

Our 2012 Limited had/has the same issue. It was fixed once under warranty but the drivers side is separating again. Since this is an ongoing issue and their previous repair needs repairing again...would it be covered? Obviously my warranty is long gone now.
  2. F

Sync update and maps

I just updated my Sync to v3.8. Am I to understand correctly that these updates do not up update my GPS maps? Also, what was updated with this version? I had not yet installed v.3.6 so whatever version was before that is what I was running. My husbands Ford truck displays the name of the...
  3. F

Paint coming off parking sensor?

I also have a sterling grey '12 explorer and had my sensors repainted 2 years ago. One is peeling again so off to the dealership we go! Last time I think they ordered new sensors and had them painted to match.
  4. F

2012 steering issue

I have a 2012 limited with 59,000km. In the past couple of months I have notice a change in the steering. I don't know if it relates to the other threads here but I have had no messages appear in my dashboard. I took it in last week for the 14S06 recall and was told it didn't apply to my...
  5. F

Steering wheel and paint questions

I have a 2012 LTD and 2 questions. With it being summer it seems I haven't driven it in the dark lately. Are the the buttons in the steering wheel for volume control, cruise control etc. supposed to light up at night? For the life of me I can't remember and it's really bugging me. The paint...
  6. F

High pitched continuous "fuel pump" type noise.

I have the same sound coming from my '12 when it's idling. Like you say...it does sound like a fuel pump high pitched whistle. I was going to ask at my next oil change. I am interested to hear what you find out.
  7. F

New mft update

agreed!!...I am running version 3.0.2 right now. Sync My Ride is no help because the dealer didn't document the upgrade I got in May...it says the last update was 2.11 and that is when it was built a year ago! My dealership tells me that the upgrade to 3.0.2 was a recall and because I have that...
  8. F

New mft update

Are these updates for everyone or just people with problems? How do I find out what version I am running now? I took my explorer to my dealer because my dash clock stopped working and asked them to do the update. They looked at me like I had 2 heads.
  9. F

Clock has stopped working

The clock in the dash has stopped working. The center screen clock is fine but the one in the dash just shows --:--. It does connect once in a while with the wrong time but it doesn't last long. Is this a MFT/SYNC issue or do I have a gremlin? I have not done the most recent update so maybe that...
  10. F

Clock has stopped working

The clock in the dash has stopped working. The center screen clock is fine but the one in the dash just shows --:--. It does connect once in a while with the wrong time but it doesn't last long. Is this a MFT/SYNC issue or do I have a gremlin? I have not done the most recent update so maybe that...
  11. F

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Thanks for all of the useful info. I will do some investigating today & get them ordered before the weather takes a turn for the worse and all hell breaks loose tomorrow.
  12. F

I should have clarified that I am going to get winter rims as well...was just wondering what size of tires to get... I have a quote for 245 60 R18 but was wondering if 17 would work to save some $.
  13. F

Winter Tires I have a 2012 LTD and plan on getting winter tires this year. Right now I have 20 inch tires. If I want to downsize the winter tires how low should I go? I was thinking 18 inch but I have seen people on here talking about 17 inch as well.
  14. F

The one feature you never seem to use & the 1 feature you use?

never used: keypad on door, park assist, the hill decent option?? rarely use: A/C seats (too cold), auto fold seats, sunroof. always use: power lift gate, voice commands, cruise control, heated seats in winter.
  15. F

Someone key my 1 month old explorer

The same thing happened to me...both doors on the drivers side. It's been a few months & now maybe I don't want to know how much it will cost to fix it!
  16. F

Moon Roof Wind Noise Problems

I have had my 2012 Explorer LTD for 9 weeks and I got to open my sun/moon roof for the first time yesterday. Problem is...not that it is closed there is a horrible wind noise coming from it! When I closed it i made sure I was parked so there was no resistance from the wind. Any suggestions...
  17. F

2012 Explorer order info HELP!!

Where do you get this Customer Survey from? Was the dealership supposed to give it to us when we picked up our Explorer or does it come in the mail/email? I haven't seen anything yet.
  18. F

Update...it's HERE!! But once again it was me who had to do the searching to find that out!! Unbelievable!! It was delivered Nov 30 and no one called...that was almost 5 days ago! I happened to call Ford Customer Service today for an update and they were confussed as to why I didn't have it...
  19. F

ordered 2012 Limited 9/30 and still no word

I ordered mine on Sept 30 as well. It was built Nov 16 & is apparently now "in transit". I don't know how long the trek from Chicago to Alberta is but ETA is sometime next week! I don't know what my order status was (is) as it wasn't listed on the DORA. Hope you get some good news this week...
  20. F

Furious with Ford Canada

Does anyone know what the incentives will be in December? Because at this rate it will be Christmas before I get my explorer & it was ordered in September. We used employee pricing and the costco $1000 when we ordered but I would like to know what December offers.
  21. F

Ordered a 301... only took 4 weeks to get the dora number from my salesman.

Here's my story...it's been a long wait and it's not over yet! Ordered our 2012 Explorer Limited Sept 30 Received a VIN Oct 28 Online window sticker Nov 9 Build Date Nov 16 ETA @ Dealer Dec 18 I still don't have a DORA!! Thank god for this site everything else online or I would have no...
  22. F

I did get a VIN a week ago. The build date isn't scheduled until the week of the 14th and even worse...it's ETA at the dealer is Dec 18! I'm hoping it's ALOT sooner than that. Good luck with your order... It is very frustrating I know!
  23. F

Just ordered my new EX

Question...are you certain you can take advantage of dealer incentives at time of delivery as well? We ordered our explorer in Sept. with Employee pricing. Do we still get whatever deal is being offered when it is delivered? It's been 4 weeks...no VIN and the dealer tells me they don't have the...
  24. F

Huh...stopped by and spoke to my salesman today and he insists he doesn't get the DORA until he has a VIN #. He's a bit of a greenhorn...just started 3 months ago so I guess I'll try the manager on Monday. Thanks again!
  25. F

Thanks for the info. What about the DORA? Am I getting the run around or does the dealer really not have it? It has been 3 weeks and no VIN number. I am just outside of Calgary. I'm beginning to wonder if it would have been a better idea to order from the city at a larger dealership. I don't...
Back