Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

transmission slipping

No O/D light flashing. Weird thing is it only happens under very specific condition - after a hard stab at the brakes, and not sure if I should call it "slippage" per se. Definitely feels like the transmission has gone into neutral, then slams into gear after you get on the gas. Thanks, Jim
  2. J

transmission slipping

Thanks for the help so far. I will check level again this weekend, sucks that there's no dipstick:thumbdwn: Had left rear bearings replaced after purchase to get through inspection (along with rear coil springs, front CV boot and a couple other small items). Not sure if any of the other...
  3. J

transmission slipping

2003 4.0 v6 5-speed auto; it's got the push-button 4wd (auto/4hi/4lo) Bought it at auction with 180k miles, got 185k now - don't know anything about the service history. Did oil and filter when I got it, have since topped off the transmission (less than a quart low), changed fluid in...
  4. J

What kind of mileage is your 3rd gen getting?

Just ran through the first full tank on our new to us 2003. 4.0 V6 with 3.55 open rear. Mixed driving, maybe 60/40 hwy/city, got a solid 19 mpg. Hope it continues. Not bad considering my wife's PT Cruiser only averages 20-21 most of the time. That thing gets terrible mileage for a...
  5. J

What kind of mileage is your 3rd gen getting?

Not buying it. I know a few people with Chevy 6.0s and they all get between 10&13 mpg. The 4.8l is pretty thrifty, but you'd be hard pressed to see 22 out of that motor even. You must be running one of those hydrogen generators:rolleyes:
  6. J

Changed tires now jumpy on acceleration

Isn't this a situation that calls for the brown wire mod?
Back