Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Custom front grill

some what this idea too water tight more pix when i get a chance , recently moving in to a 70 by 40 foot warehouse so its been swallowing my time and cash but morre pix later
  2. J

Custom front grill

hey so im prolly gonna go with these with a projector beam in there , also courtesy of land rover ;) unfortunately it is snowing and too cold to do custom work outside and i am waiting for one of these trucks to roll though my junkyard because 800$ for a pair of these seems foolish when the...
  3. J

35s with cool 15 rim anyone?

Anyone have any really sick/awesome 15 inch rims? i have 35 inch tires sitting in my garage for a 15 inch rim and was wondering if anyone has some cool rims, i was looking at tire rack cause they have the wheel on my car thing but sadly i cant see them on 35s lol:D worst case ill throw my...
  4. J

Custom front grill

time and tools are there , talent i like to believe so , ive done all my own body work and painted my truck myself, ive also worked with fiberglass in the past so its always an option to just go nuts but i just need some ideas and suggestions, it was my dads idea to just slap a range rover grill...
  5. J

Custom front grill

yea i just dont like the look that everyone has, i want to be different, yes different isnt always better i get that but i just dont like the look, ive seen that thread about the 50s delivery van conversion, wish they woulda kept going , something i do want to do is fill the sides in like such...
  6. J

Custom front grill

Hey guys and gals, Im currently in the process of changing my truck around (arent we all) and i was wondering if anyone has done a custom front end i remember a guy swapped his headlights with a bmw X5 i took a pix of my bare front end and then some photo edits , if anyone has ideas please...
  7. J

Bigger Tires Throwing Off Speedometer

Check this out :) http://www.dirtroadmagazine.com/gears.htm Scroll down one table and there is a speedometer converter , enter old tires (stock) n then what ever you are running n it tells you what your traveling at say 50 With bigger tires you'll really be doing 55 per say Hope that helps
  8. J

302 blocks , which one?

i understand or at least i think i do and idk the rear main seal has just always hit a nerve with me , ive been dying to do something with this truck since i got it, is 400 hp even a realistic goal ? ive seen 3 400+ hp 302s from friends cars , things were, they weren't in an explorer more...
  9. J

302 blocks , which one?

oh no im very aware of the full cost ive been reading threads all night with ideas, im starting this with what i have on hand, this is going to be an all summer project, 2500 is what im starting with for a good block and internals, anything left over moves on to the next items budget but just...
  10. J

302 blocks , which one?

Not about to lie to you , it's an excuse I was told they used a rubber one as well, I personally think they prolly screwed me over , had a friend go there over something n his truck ended up with more issues , I just don't wanna go through the process of dropping the tranny or removing the...
  11. J

302 blocks , which one?

Smoke da other kid Lol no in all seriousness , I'd like to hit 400 hp or so I do plan on keeping it for a DD but this is what I weighted , if I build this up nicely I'll have a pretty much new truck (no rust , did custom exhaust and massive overhaul on suspenion n etc already) I've fallen...
  12. J

302 blocks , which one?

To any mods : The reason I posted in need for speed is because I'd like to do this 302 fairly up as well, but if it more appropriate in another section I understand , thanks
  13. J

302 blocks , which one?

Okay long story short Replaced rear main seal ( professionally) , leaks month later Very angry :mad: I'm looking at new blocks, I have a pretty much stock 99 5.0 (gt40p heads ) The rear main seal has driven me mad, mad enough to change the whole block in order to get a non leaking seal ...
  14. J

random ideas + results(pix)

Extended all the wires, custom mounted in the glove box, Pix soon :)
  15. J

Exhaust Help

maybe for your 6 banger ;) lol im playing, i just wanted duals for the look, the growl and less back pressure came as a bonus :D i think i paid like 475 but i gave him a 25 tip cause he was pretty quick n did an awesome job
  16. J

Exhaust Help

two inlets... two outlets :D
  17. J

random ideas + results(pix)

hey whats up guys n girls, a buddy of mine found this wing looking thing and i think he said it was off an earlier year, needless to say we played surgeons n drilled the hatch n here is the result came pretty awesome i think :) also my dad found this CB in desk n i couldn't find space to...
  18. J

New engine plans

Will a rebuild be like a new engine ? And the seal has been done once before :( I'm seriously considering a brand spanking new engine if I can't change the entire seal assembly instead of the rubber ring / seal
  19. J

New engine plans

Lol you guys are so smart I'd be lost with out this place Just cleaned out the MAS and had the fuel filter replaced runs much better thx a lot :) I can feel Ze Power :D The only thing that remains is my beautiful trial of oil all over my drive way Any fixes for the rear main seal ? It...
  20. J

New engine plans

Hey everyone , haven't been on in a while due to hurricane sandy :( anyways i was thinking of getting rid of my 1999 and moving on up to something else , but truth be told ive fallen in love with it, Now for the issue and question, i have rear main seak leak AGAIN and once in a while it runs...
  21. J

big flat screen... big one...

please do , all i find is the write up on the seats with the rests, not the weird ones i have :/
  22. J

welding on cooling fins

lol youd have to be a machine to do that just wanted to show y:eek:u what i was talking about just in case u wanted some reference
  23. J

i dont have sense only dollars :D haha nah but seriously deff gonna do the head rest monitors at least another thing we have to realize is that storage temperature ≠ usage temperature either way, plans are to make wooden rectangles then hot glue them to the backs seen here : Anyone have...
  24. J

no i know im fighting a losing battle haha , if anything ill just to the monitors in the rests , ive also read that they can be stored below freezing just not operated... they must be allowed to reach normal operation temp before you can turn them on to prevent damage, thanks for all the advice...
  25. J

Do you wear a seatbelt?

depends : if the vehicle is equipped with them..... sometimes i ride around on milk crates.... nah im just playing i dont mess with personal safety still... safety third :D
Back