Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Suing Ford for Lemon - Lemon Law

I was helped greatly and very professionally by the Vermont Lemon Law Board. They provided clear instructions on what I should be documenting and how to file the complaint. While I had access to a lawyer friend if needed, I never had a need for a lawyer to make the Lemon Law filing. My 2020...
  2. P

Travel Link

I like to hit the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Show weather map"
  3. P

SYNC 3.4 Most recent version?

Peter - where did you pull down the Map Update to a USB stick? BTW my Sync upgrade worked fine and the .XML log files confirmed that. Found the maps site, am downloading the 11.5GB file for that now....
  4. P

Found what I needed here I think. Went to owner.ford.com ns I see that update is for SYNC 3, latest version. 1.2 Gigabytes. Am downloading that to a formatted with ExFAT USB stick and if it doesn't complete OTA via Wi-Fi supposeI will try it there. I understand there is the addition of Waze and...
  5. P

Hi there. Have only had my 2020 Explorer ST for about 12 hours (3rd one, had a 2012 LTD and 2016 Platinum)... Loving my new ST! When I connected to one of the Wi-Fi networks at home from the car using the Settings > Connectivity > Vehicle Wi-Fi, an update begins downloading. I'm wondering what...
  6. P

Time for tires

I've read the tired thread- a lot of it anyway...not such a fan of 50 and 100 page threads, but I did read a lot of the last year. My 2016 Ex Plat was in for oil service and a seat issue, and they let me know I'd need tires before the next service. I'm surprised these original equipment tires...
  7. P

Seat Leather Stretching, Clips Letting Go

Mine seems tighter and more supportive and comfortable so far (based on a 5 mile ride home from the dealer.) Now on to research tires as I'm apparently at 4/32 and 3/32 on the OE Hankooks at 30,093 miles. :cool:
  8. P

When I took my Ex to the dealer this morning, the Service Advisor had already printed a 2 page TS for the mechanic. He showed it to me.... I will get the TSB # [EDIT: See below post from @swshawaii) when I pick it up shortly. It showed a set of what he called 'J-hooks' that need to be ordered...
  9. P

There are 'clips'...think little angled connectors..on the end of little straps that stretch the leather(ette?) seat in my 2016 Ex Platinum. So the seat cushion you sit on is held tight by these straps, but on mine a few have detached and are hanging down along the console side of the driver...
  10. P

Platinum Rear End Appearance With Tow Hitch Cover Removed

So I pulled the tow hitch cover off my '16 Platinum and installed a hitch to help move a friend's mower to his GF's new house. All went weel, but when I look at the opening there with the hitch installed, it just really seemes to spoil the look...there's a big black plastic lip that sticks out...
  11. P

Windows down with the remote? (Global Open)

Videos I Googled it...took me to the Ford owner site....I input the YEAR, model and trim of my '16 Ex and it showed the video on how to open all the windows by holding unlock...guess it is just for '17....?? :(
  12. P

Windows down with the remote? (Global Open)

Why Can't I Open Windows on 2016 Plat EX w/Key Fob?? So I've read the instructions and watched the videos a few times...seems prety simple...juts hold down the UNLOCK button for (3) seconds or so and the windows and moonroof should open...Hold the LOCK button and they should close.....This...
  13. P

Sport or Platinum!!!!

Platinum It was the things I couldn't get in a Sport that pushed me to Platinum...from memory I think they were: -Auto-parking parallel or perpendicular -Lane-keeping system -Upgraded Sony Stereo with additional processing -Massaging seats If I recall correctly, none of those were...
  14. P

Sport or Platinum!!!!

Platinum I kept coming up with almost the same cost and seeing there were things in the Platinum I couldn't get in the Sport, so I went Platinum. Very happy with my decision.
  15. P

Anyone install a black grille on a white Limited?

Black Grill I would consider putting a black Grill on my black limited. The reading I've done so far seems to say it's be expensive and difficult.
  16. P

New Explorer, Wavy side glass?

If you DO take delivery when there is an issue or something missing, the dealer can give you a "WE OWE" form listing what they commit to resolving for you.
  17. P

Duration of 3-flash lane switch signal

Turn Signal Frequency I overheard my Ford Service Advisor on the phone with a client saying that they had reprogrammed the 'speed' of his turn signal...that it had been changed for an unknown reason and should flash at a more normal or standard rate after the adjustment. I have to assume on...
  18. P

Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport

Pics?? Would love to see some pics of your Ex...including the dash display from OBDII.
  19. P

Hi all, just picked up a 2016 sport

Congrats Congrats! Loving my 2016 Black on Black Platinum here. The interior is awesome.
  20. P

Best Wiper Inserts at Advanced Auto Parts?

I'm pretty disappointed with the wiper inserts that came on my new Ex...the driver side has a streak right across eye level and they just seem pretty flimsy. I recall picking up a new set at an Advanced Auto Parts off Route 90 near Waterloo, NY and the guy told me "Get the XXXXX brand, it's what...
  21. P

Auto Wiper Setting in 2016 Platinum

So the auto wiper documentation in the manual doesn't really match what's in my new Ex Platinum....The 'stalk' doesn't go up and down for example which is what it says in the manual. There is a series of lines that you can twist the stalk to set, but they seem to behave more like intermittent...
  22. P

Delivery Tomorrow 2016 Platinum Black/Black

Will do.... Pouring rain here today.
  23. P

Went great...turned out the payoff on my 2012 was ~$600 less that I thought so payment dropped ~$10. The Platnum Ex is awesome and I'm loving the Black on Black.
  24. P

Delivery Thanks guys...yeah, not a first-timer here at 55. I worked in my Dad's dealership as a kid and sold Toyotas for a year in the 80's. When we used to do dealer trades the trading dealer would try and slip stuff by you like taking the jack and the user manuals from the car, or the mats...
  25. P

Any tips/thoughts as I go to pick up my Platinum Explorer tomorrow? It has 31 miles, they got it from a dealer just west of us. I assume it will have latest Syn updates etc. I'm psyched to go get it, but have a lot of stuff to take out of my trade in 2012 Limited before I go there at...
Back