Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Which larger FoMoCo wheels for 97 Mounty 2WD?

Looking for larger wheels for my 97 Mounty 2WD and want to look at other Ford options like 17 or 18" from a F150 maybe? Which other Ford offerings will fit without spacers? I need tires soon and thought maybe I'll look around for some used wheels as my aluminum ones are corroding.
  2. R

Bringing my '96 out of retirement. What to do to get it into shape...

Oh yeah, check all the body and suspension bushings. I'm not sure if the cane rats got a hold of mine or if time and S. Fl. heat did, but most were either gone or shot.
  3. R

Bringing my '96 out of retirement. What to do to get it into shape...

I just bought a 97 Mounty V8 that was sitting for 19 months. I put a can of seafoam in a week before, to pull out the moister, and put a bottle of Star tron fuel restore in 48 hour before I attempted to start her up. I ran that 1/2 tank of 2 year old fuel with no issues. When that tank went...
  4. R

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

2WD, 4WD, or AWD? I work at NAPA and will look them up for you to assure you got either the right or wrong ones.
  5. R

mpntball - Unless the ad or picture associated with the part number specifically says "Actual part shown", or something in that nature, it is highly doubtful that the pic you are looking at is the actual part. There are 4 main shock mounting systems. maclupton - Taller shocks will not lift...
  6. R

-Your Explorer-

1997 Mercury Mountaineer 5.0L 2WD Paid $1600 144,000 when bought 149,000 now She was sitting for two years. The paint is old and tired, but the interior is top notch and she runs like a champ. I feel I got a great deal.
  7. R

Vacuum Port Diagram on a 98 5.0

Holy ZOMBIE THREAD!!!!!!!! I have been trying to find out where that hose goes to and it wraps under the intake. Thanks soooooooo much.
  8. R

Changed all four in three hours. Thanks for the write up. I left the front wheels on.
  9. R

New (to me) Mounty

Greetings all, I am new to the world of Mountaineers. I have been on forums before, with my Mazdas and one for bass players, so I know how to play respectfully on the forums. Soooo, short story long, I recently picked up a 1997 Mounty 2WD with 148K on it. She had been sitting with a half tank of...
  10. R

Gangster Lean/Leaf Spring Sag Fix?

I just picked up a 97 Mounty this weekend and noticed the laen. Thanks for the advise guys.
Back