Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

King of the Hammers 2018

Of course I'm in! :thumbsup: Don't really care where we camp but I know of a few nice spots off the lake bed if you'd prefer to be away from the crowds.
  2. B

Moab 2018 Dates June 1 - 3

Pretty sure I can make it this year, date does not matter to me as long as I know a couple weeks ahead. May will likely give us better weather than june though, right? Maybe my X will even have some halfway decent suspension by then. (Xterra that is, not explorer:laugh:)
  3. B

Truck Haven MLK 2018

I'll be out tonight, probably not till 8ish. Gonna stay the night and head home tomorrow
  4. B

Truck Haven MLK 2018

Don't own an explorer anymore but I'm going to try to bring my Xterra out. It's all stock, hopefully I can hang with @R.J. in his itty bitty bronco. :laugh: Work's crazy right now plus CES in Vegas next week so it's going to be tough but I'll try to get out to Truckhaven for at least a day.
  5. B

Cleghorn Trail March 19th

In for either day. The jeep guys I normally wheel with are off on Sundays so i'll invite them if you decide to do the 19th.
  6. B

Anyone near Vegas want to do some trails tomorrow or Wednesday?

Driving out to Vegas for work and thanks to some minor car problems I'm taking the explorer. Anyone in the area want to go play in the dirt tomorrow night or Wednesday?
  7. B

Camber bushing help

The pinch bolt that holds the camber/caster adjuster in place? If youre having trouble getting that out the bushing itself is going to be a nightmare lol. Replace your ball joints while you're at it, because you're probably going to wreck the upper joints beating them with a hammer to get the...
  8. B

KOH 2017 Who all is going?

Oh haha you spotted me out there? I was with 2 guys in XJs so if you saw them I was certainly near by.
  9. B

Meet up with me and my buddies near Yucaipa and we'll roll out together? (This is Casey with the white first gen explorer btw) @Stic-o The lakebed shouldn't be THAT bad, I was out there for new years in the pouring rain and other than one big sticky spot it was mostly dryish and habitable...
  10. B

I'll be out Monday and Tuesday for sure, catch the backdoor challenge then some qualifying. Then I'll probably come back out on Friday/Satuday for the race. Do you guys plan on camping inside hammertown or a little ways out from the crowd?
  11. B

Truck Haven MLK 2017 Jan 13 - 15

I'm also in for president's day weekend. I'm up for pretty much any of the trails in So Cal if people don't want to do truckhaven.
  12. B

Bradshaw Trail this weekend November 11-13

Looking to go run the Bradshaw trail and some of its connecting routes this weekend on a 2 or 3 day camping trip. The trail runs from Indio CA to Blythe CA and there are lots of little side trails to explore. Epic landscapes including open desert, deep canyons, the colorado river, old mines...
  13. B

Main Divide Rd O.C. November

I'm in whenever you guys wanna do this. Also up for the hammers (not that I can make most of the hard obstacles in my rig lol).
  14. B

Truckhaven Oct. 21st -23rd 20th Anniversary Run Part 2

Packing my junk up, hopefully be there around 4pm!
  15. B

POTLUCK!

Not going to have time to prepare a dish in advance but I'll bring cups, paper plates and plasticware for everyone. Maybe a folding table too if I can squeeze it in around all the other camping gear.
  16. B

Looks like it's gonna be Friday afternoon for me, still have a bunch of prepping to do. Probably not going to have time to do a potluck dish but I will be bringing some firewood!
  17. B

I'm planning to be out there Thursday but probably not until late afternoon ish. I don't think my rig is going to hang on the toughest trails so I might get lumped into the little trucks group as well.
  18. B

Need a hand with radius arm brackets

bumping this ancient thread, anybody know the correct mounting positions for skyjacker radius arms? I got an old used set and the instructions dont make sense for explorers.
  19. B

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

Unfortunately I'm out. Turns out finding a place to align a lifted ttb explorer on a Saturday is pretty difficult :( Have fun and be safe out there guys!
  20. B

I'll be out there in the morning. Or maybe late tonight if I can get my alignment "close enough" with a tape measure
  21. B

For Sale Fox Shocks 2.0x6.5"

How long are the reservoirs on these? I might be interested in them just for the resi's to convert a set of non res shocks I have.
  22. B

So... potluck? If so, which night? If everyone is planning on showing up Saturday and I get there Thursday night, that will kind of limit my choices of what to bring since it has to keep for 2 days...I really need to invest in a 12v Freezer. Also, any objection to me posting a link this...
  23. B

new to explorers and the site. need help deciding what explorer to buy

Welcome! I'm right down the freeway in Calimesa. I've got a couple tips for your first explorer purchase: Best bang for the buck as far as suspension is a 91-94 with the I beam (2wd) / TTB (4wd) front end, however power to weight ratio is pretty weak. You could swap a newer V8 into one if you...
  24. B

I know a few guys I can invite, I assume 4x4s of all makes are welcome? Oh yeah I'll bring some firewood too.
Back