Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

5R55W -2002 Ford Explorer - Servo Replacement Saga.

How I got the Pin out of the servo bore hole Hey Guys, Sorry I missed that comment. To get the servo pin I did the following: 1. Bought some Cold Weld epoxy. 2. Flushed the bore hole out with break cleaner, contact cleaner, or something similar to clean the hole. This is very...
  2. U

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Secondary Transmission Filter install - Cooler lines Thanks for the help. I see now that I will only start getting a reading once the transmission is warmed up. I never want to have to take that transmission pan off again, so I will just stick with the current configuration. At least I have an...
  3. U

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Secondary Transmission Filter install I am worried that my 5R55W isn't supplying transmission fluid through my cooler. I installed a secondary transmission filter the other day in line with the transmission cooler. I wasn't sure which cooler line was pressure and which was return, so I removed...
  4. U

5R55W -2002 Ford Explorer - Servo Replacement Saga.

Hi I am Curtis Legroulx and they say persistence pays off. And in this case it truly did. - I have a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. It has a 5R55W transmission. At 210,000.KM the transmission started slipping. In that the shifting was delayed. I'd rev higher between shifts. In particular shifting from...
  5. U

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Removing the 3 bolts from the bearings is tough. Here is a quick solution. Cut into the old bearing to lop off the bolt. It worked out well for me when I gave up using a wrench. Here is a pic of the result. You can see the cut I made on the top right of the hub. It is also good to note that...
Back