Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

99 stereo question

if i remember correctly the newer models wont fit. not only are the size of ours the Double-din the newer ford units have completely unique wiring harnesses as well. Aftermarket decks now can be installed for around 100 bucks. or scour the interwebs for a used OEM one and simply continue on. i...
  2. M

low fuel sound wont stop!

i will replace it tomorrow, haha.... just noticed today, that your correct, the air bag light no longer comes on.
  3. M

low fuel sound wont stop!

just happened the other day. my low fuel sound keeps going off. i am sure that this chime can be caused by other things. it isnt going off because it thinks there is low fuel, or any other low fluid. i run the test and it passes those. i can say this sound only started after my airbag light...
  4. M

Unsolved skipping problem

check for vacuum leaks first anytime both banks are running lean
  5. M

More tire advice needed...

Having experience running tire shops, if they've been slimed, we wont do anything but replace a tire. Most likely its a combination of the rim flange being dirty, and the tire bead simply breaking down over time. at seven years, buy new tires, and with that, the rim will be cleaned. i know the...
  6. M

Cam synchronizer replacement?

i replaced my Cam Synchro last night, using the cheap aftermarket Dorman. After initial install, and start up, i had P0352, ignition coil B fault. It was never tripped before the repair of the synchro, so i cleared the code and then tried starting the truck. it still was hesitating and misfiring...
  7. M

Muliti Mile Tires

Wild Country tires are the house brand carried all across the pacific northwest and sold through Les Schwab tires. the brand is quite reliable... However you should easily be able to find the Good-Year Wrangler RT/S for maybe fifty bucks more for a set, and have an OEM tire with well known and...
  8. M

00' 5.0 pinging issue only when above 80*

Well i finally made a trip outside of L.A. specifically to replicate the problem. the noise it definately coming from both sides of the engine and only during heavy acceleration. if i hold it in any gear around 2750 to about 3500 rpms medium load the engine almost sounds like its pinging, or...
  9. M

i will pull the plugs this evening. it only does it on the passenger side, so perhaps i will swap plugs and wires from side to side and see if the pinging follows the parts swap. also, in regards to the MAF sensor, i read on this board there was someone with a very similar problem and after...
  10. M

i bought a used 5.0 limited with AWD about 8 months ago. low mileage vehicle for anyone, around 88k when i got it. had the problem right after i got it, only up larger hills and when it was hotter than 80 degrees outside. i changed octane to 89 and it seemed to go away. now i know i shouldnt be...
  11. M

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

About to roll over 86k on my pearl limited 00' 5.0 only had it for the last month and loving every day
  12. M

Need help relieving fuel system pressure 99 Explorer EB

Both of which Dr mentioned will work. i used the screwdriver methor, though please use proper safety precautions.
  13. M

Engine replacement.

Even if i had a very low mileage aerostar, no way would i try removing that engine. Buy another engine, the labor and time to remove it out of the van would be horrendous!
  14. M

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

I'm at work, will take alook at the vid tonight, also your correct with the compression test... the results are a fairly accurate way of mearusing sealing quality.
  15. M

Ny V8 is leaking gas - can you tell what this part is?

Sounds as though your loosing a head gasket, since your MPG's are so poor and also of the White exhaust smoke. It is normal for some water to come out of the exhaust, since the job of the Catalytic converters is to convert raw and partially burned fuel to water and CO2. if you can, perform a...
  16. M

witch explorer should I get 4.0 4x4 or 5.0 awd?

Owned several 1st gen 4.0's and never thought they were sluggish, just bought a 00' 5.0 AWD and dont know how i lasted soo long without it! The fuel mileage meter i have actually is pretty accurate, im getting about 16.2 mpg's when my computer says its 16.0. and its all worht it for the power...
  17. M

rough idle

Definately pull codes first... sounds like a vacuum leak. When cold the vehicle isnt operating in closed loop. once warm, the vehicle goes into closed loop drive cycle with more emphasis on the sensor outputs and inputs,
  18. M

New here from L.A.

Here is a pic of my 00' limited AWD 5.0 explorer with only 83k miles on her. Really enjoying a truck with everything that works, haha
  19. M

Will these tires be ok?

i wouldnt recommend it. that tire size you have there cant have a load capacity any higher than 88, which is a maximum wieght of 1200 lbs. where as the normal 235/75r15 base tire would have 105 thats 2050 lbs. if the reason is you have four flat tires and have to go to the hospital, i would, but...
Back