Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2011 xlt Engine Noise Coming from Speaker

I did the typical search before posting and couldn't find anything as well. I also have the clunking noise on the front right wheel but did find that thread.
  2. B

We can turn the radio off and the noise still comes through.
  3. B

We started having intermittent issue where the front right speaker starts making this whining noise and and seems to be mimicking the engine RPM. When I speed up the motor the noise gets louder. Has anyone else have this problem and know what the fix is? We are out of warranty and I wouldn't...
  4. B

Time for tires

I just put the Nitto NT 421Q's on our 2011 Explorer and I feel like this tire sounds like an all terrain tire. I feel like I can feel the vibration in the brake peddle and steering wheel. Due to nails I actually had a bridgestone, firestone and two michelin tires that I thought were more smooth...
  5. B

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

As a matter of fact I do have the e-prance 806. I believe the 803 has the mini usb port and the 806 has the micro. I don't know of anything else that is different. I have one in my Camry and like it so far. That is a good idea about taking the plastic cig adapter apart and adding wires off of...
  6. B

Adding dashcam. Any tips?

Dash Cam Hard Wire Install Hey Guys, I have a dash cam that I would like to hard wire to come on when the ignition is turn on. It seems the 12v that I would have tapped into is always hot. Has anyone else here tapped into another accessory that turns off and on with the ignition? I need to...
  7. B

Transmission Issue?

Thanks for that tip JRM.
  8. B

Transmission Issue?

Well my dealer is telling me the error didn't save or register. That figures...
  9. B

Transmission Issue?

We have an 11 XLT and today we had an issue with what I believe was the transmission. My wife was driving up some what of a steep hill and all of a sudden there was a loud clunk noise. After that, my wife was unable to rev the motor or move. She had to put the shifter into manual and select 1...
  10. B

Rear Bumper Cover Replacement?

Hello, We had a guy behind us at a light one day bump into us. His foot slipped off the brake. It put a small dent in black plastic bumper cover. Has anyone replaced one of these before? What is the difficulty level of something like this? And does anyone know the part number? I do not have a...
  11. B

2013 Explorer Power Steering Light - A little ANGRY!!!

My dealer gives me a loaner car while the service my car. Have you checked with them to see if they have anything to help you out? When I did the apiller fix, they had my car almost three weeks and I used their car the whole time. It's nice that I don't have to have anyone meet me there also.
  12. B

Road Trip - 2600 miles - 8 days

Id like to know what that carrier is as well. We have a trip coming up and I'm considering getting one of those. Is it water proof?
  13. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

We have to pay for the TSB that could provide the solution to an issue covered under warranty? Really?......... Thank you Ford.
  14. B

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Has there been a TSB released for this yet? I've seen one for my other issues but only seen the parts list in this thread. Thank you,
Back