Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

New map for navigation

So I guess these things are selling like hotcakes huh? I was actually wondering if anyone noticed any big changes / differences that made it worthwhile. I have the A4 card and it sufficient but could definitely stand some improvement and updates for the area I travel (Southeastern US).
  2. O

Engine stuttering, slipping under WOT, no boost.

Might be too simple... Did they check the fuel filter? I've seen those same problems before and that was the cause. Basic supply and demand issue.
  3. O

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

I think Ford is handling this issue on a "case by case basis" and trying to turn them away any way they can unfortunately to avoid a Class Action Lawsuit. In some cases you are getting a Service Mgr. / Director that has a conscious or a customer that they just don't want to piss off for one...
  4. O

I did, got a copy of it filed away with my repair invoice.
  5. O

On the official *** IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL *** Notice 14S06 that was sent out via US Mail in July 2014 - Page 1 What will Ford and your dealer do? Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to update the Power Steering Control Module to prevent loss of steering assist while driving...
  6. O

I hate to say it, but it clearly looks like Ford is handling this particular problem on a case by case basis instead of doing the right thing and replacing all the "Steering Gear" assembly on every vehicle affected. This is a safety issue - PERIOD. Owners should not have to jump through...
  7. O

It says in the Recall wording that if the Software reflash doesn't fix the problem that the "Steering Gear" may also need to be replaced to correct the problem at NO COST to the owner. The module that is causing the problem is part of the Steering Gear as I understand it. Are you talking...
  8. O

Question for Olina Sunshine - Are you just getting the Fault Message box or is your Power Steering actually going out at the same time? Every time we got the Fault Message there was a loss of Power Steering as well. It started out as an occasional problem, then would happen every day - right...
  9. O

Just an update on my vehicle and situation - Capital Ford (Raleigh,NC) did the right thing by me and covered the Power Steering Failure Issue under Recall 14S06 at no cost. I did end up calling and talking to Renee at Ford CS before dropping vehicle off to clarify a couple of things and cover...
  10. O

Yes, I told my Service Advisor the steering rack needed replacing as the software update didn't do the trick and that I needed a loaner. Thanks for the replies.
  11. O

Made it to almost 80k before this problem on my 2011. I did get the Recall in July 2014, had the software reprogram FWIW. Power steering going out and getting the fault message almost every day now. Contacted my service dept. this AM by email to update them with what was going on and when I...
  12. O

Clock & Temp will not update on Touchscreen

Thanks for the replies. Master Reset worked... then 30 minutes or so to fix back the settings, etc. not counting Nav. favorites - wife is going to love that. It has never done that particular weird thing in 3 years, lots of SYNC problems the 1st year until the one big upgrade. Still think...
  13. O

Clock & Temp will not update on Touchscreen

2 things - I noticed this problem after a SYNC update and my SYNC services subscription just expired (that should not affect this right?) Anyone else notice this problem recently or ever?
  14. O

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

MyFord Touch v3.6 Anybody else tried to download onto USB and been successful? I'm having problems, going to ask Ford to send me one and try it.
  15. O

Can you tell the dealership I don't want your dealership badge on my Vehicle?

It's a cheap ploy that Dealers push on schmucks - the LAST thing you should have to do is go home and have to worry about peeling off stickers / messing with chemicals, etc. to remove residue. It looks like crap to begin with, especially if you leave it on for a few years and it starts to...
  16. O

Anybody had the Throttle body "flush" @ 30k Svc. pushed on you by dealer?

I don't have towing package or paperwork yet to see part name or #. I'll be checking it out as soon as my wife gets back home (friends and family live in the city). I've been purchasing cars / trucks since 1987 from this particular dealer for personal and business and if I'm not satisfied...
  17. O

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Now you will really be able to focus all senses on that "new car smell". Seriously, they should have this **** figured out by now. 2+ years and the same old problems - this is what we get for buying American.
  18. O

Anybody had the Throttle body "flush" @ 30k Svc. pushed on you by dealer?

Our 2011 actually has about 32,500 - we live in a rural area and have all service done at a large dealer in a city we frequent almost 3 hours away. I know and kind of like the Service guy that takes care of us so was surprised he was trying to push this BS (my wife was the one who took it in)...
  19. O

Sirius Channel Browser

SIRIUS Channels Have experienced the exact same problem. Part of the numerous SYNC bugs, not an issue with SIRIUS. My other vehicle has SIRIUS so I could verify - I kept trying at different times and got the stations I listened to set finally. One of the updates the local dealership did...
  20. O

2011 Ford Explorer built out of Legos!!

Cool, best part about this model is no worries about SYNC crashes.
Back