Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

What are these air chambers for?

What are these air chambers for? I assume to optimize airflow or something? Just wondering... Thnx.
  2. G

146K Miles: Should I replace valve cover?

So, our 2011 Explorer has 146K miles on it, runs good and I noticed oil in the air filter inlet tube when changing the air filter. I'm aware the fix for it is a new valve cover. I have all the tools, used to be a mechanic and have no concerns on actually performing the swap. Financially, it's...
  3. G

Blind Spot Troubleshooting?

Wow. I didn't know there were any responses. I wasn't notified. Thank you for the replies and insight. I'm gonna have to track it down through the wiring...I guess.
  4. G

Blind Spot Troubleshooting?

Hello. Can anyone advise how to Troubleshoot the blind spot system? I periodically get dash wor errors saying this system isn't working.
  5. G

Request assistance from Ford Parts Rep

I'll argue you're partially straight but won't muddy the thread with why. I agree w/ the latter part of your post.
  6. G

Thnx for the link. Yea, the packaging I received appears generic...
  7. G

Thank you. I was fairly confident it's the right part but what I was trying to determine was whether it's an OEM part I received.
  8. G

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pc-BB5Z-19G490-A-GENUINE-FORD-OEM-Back-Up-Rear-Reverse-Parking-Camera-NEW/132261844408?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 BB5Z-19G490-A
  9. G

Hello. I was told this camera was OEM when I bought it. Can someone who has familiarity with the box packaging and is sure of their answer provide insight whether this part is OEM? If possible, perhaps post a picture of the OEM part/box? https://goo.gl/photos/vabrBFKFRCohjHAN7 This is...
  10. G

3rd Row Power Button cover / disable switch needed

Has anyone made some sort of cover to protect the rear seat control buttons located near the back door? My wife cannot keep herself from accidentally bumping them...
  11. G

GPS Connection Delays

You're not even close to alone on this one... There's LOTS of discussion on this fupa...
  12. G

GPS Connection Delays

Ford hasn't figured this GPS thing out. There is no permanent fix yet identified, although there are things you can do to make you feel like you could potentially fix it. Unfortunate...
  13. G

Explorer Navigation Tracking Problem

I had that accomplished on mine. No bueno...
  14. G

Upgraded '11 Explorer limted brakes to Sport...

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-sport-brake-upgrade-front-p-2195.html http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-sport-brake-upgrade-rear-p-2196.html
  15. G

Perhaps you could transcribe what action he took from your receipt to this forum?
  16. G

After 23 pages of this issue with multiple part replacements, I'd be very surprised if this reset actually works. I do applaud you though for sticking in on this engineering flaw and attempting to still assist!
  17. G

Update: I've had a chance to let them set in/pair pads/rotors and take a couple more drives. These updated brakes are very nice! Happy....
  18. G

I've only been out on the road with it once since. It's a bit easier to stop but no significant changes on very easy normal stopping. I'm guessing these will really show their true colors under load or intense stopping. As far as I know, I got the regular pads. I wasn't interested in noisy...
  19. G

Running Boards - DeeZee and Others

I don't like losing ground clearance. Anyone know of fold away steps or steps that optimize ground clearance?
  20. G

Hello all. I wanted to thank this community for helping me find a deal on upgrade brake package for my '11 Ford Explorer Limited...to the sport line. First off, I want to thank levittownFordSuperCenter for the discounted kits they offer to the forum. The customer service was friendly and...
  21. G

GPS Connection Delays

Hello. Thank you for responding. For some reason, I'm not getting notifications upon thread response. I'm having the same problem many Ford users are experiencing: the GPS doesn't recognize the vehicles location and can't be used to navigate. Sometimes this clears up within a minute/two...
  22. G

GPS Connection Delays

I had the GPSM update completed and still no luck. I'm pretty sure Ford messed this one up. What a disappointment...
  23. G

[Q] Brake Fluid Flush?

My BMW reminds me to change the fluid every two years. So, I thought I'd also change the explorer's. Can I flush explorer with 1 or do I need 2 litres ?
  24. G

[Q] Brake Fluid Flush?

Thank you, guys for responding! For some reason, I'm not receiving notifications for new posts... Question: I purchased 1L of brake fluid before reading this post. So, that won't be enough...I need 2?
Back