Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Solved No overdrive after intake job... *UPDATE 4.22.2024

*A vacuum line smoke test exposed multiple splits and damage in MAF to TB intake tubing. Once the tubing was patched, shifting returned to normal. I'll test drive a few more days before declaring the issue "SOLVED" Thanks again to EVERYONE!!
  2. C

Still searching for 1994 air intake hose F47Z 9B659-A or Mazda zzm8-13-206

ISO new/usable intake hose (the one that connects throttle body to MAF box. Ideally, hose+ rubber. I've searched site, ebay, Amazon, etc. etc. Any 2024 sources for these?? THANKS! .cd
  3. C

Is there a popular source for replacement electrical connectors?

Hello All and, as always, thank-you for the support!! I would like to replace the broken connector GOING TO my idle control valve. Is there a popular and reliable source for new connectors for the ICV and other 94 Explorer gadgetry? Way too many of my connectors are broken and brittle. I...
  4. C

ANOTHER CLUE: first time night driving since the gasket surgery and I noticed another oddity... Upper speedometer dash lights slowly faded out from about the 35 mph to 55 mph area. I had a bump in the road and the lights returned to normal brightness... Guessing I'm dealing with an electrical...
  5. C

Thank-you, again 410Fortune! If I have any energy left after work today, I will dig deeper into the tube/line mystery!! TY!!
  6. C

I see rubber vacuum line from the vacuum tree that moves toward the middle of the firewall and attaches to a metal tube that drops straight down toward the ground. ... Might that lead to the modulator (The modulator that my mechanic says I don't have)?
  7. C

Hello, Just had major intake work done to fix coolant leak. Now the auto trans does not go in to highest gear (overdrive). I suspect a vacuum hose or such, but have you got any ideas to get me started? If not, back to the mechanic we go. Best!! .cd
  8. C

1st Gen Winter photo contest

Very Nice all!! BTW anybody else getting 37 pop-up ads when trying to view pix?? Best! cd
  9. C

Speedometer "Flutter" or shake

TY! Is this the speedometer parts down in/on the automatic transmission?? If so, is there any easy way to locate it?? I may attempt to fix my annual "cold weather-only" speedo "bounce"... Have read for years that some ?gear? needs to be cleaned/lubed *somewhere* on/in auto transmission. Best! CD
  10. C

Upgrade for Cyclops brake light ?

Hello All Is there an upgrade to the factory center AKA Cyclops brake light assembly or even bulb upgrades, please? Ideally, I would install a drop-in replacement assembly that flashes red before going solid red. ...sort of like what some motorcycles have. Thanks! .daniel
  11. C

Maybe a question for auto parts store, but...

Would like to increase turn signal rate. I know there is an (old style) metal strip "relay" that I can remove/replace under my dash. Would anyone happen to know if these quasi "relays" are sold by speed/duration, etc? Or, maybe if I modify the existing metal strip I can manipulate pulse speed...
  12. C

What should engine compression be

any chance someone installed plug wires incorrectly creating a firing order problem?
  13. C

What should engine compression be

Not compression but run/rich 2 cents ICYI. Last fall my EX would run rough for just about TWO MINUTES or so when "cold"; drivable but rough and wrong BUT ONLY for about two minutes!! Turns out there was excessive crud in one or (?) two coil "holes". ..crud rotted a plug wire at the coil...
  14. C

Smell when hot ouside

When you unscrew gas cap is there a hiss indicating system pressure???? If not, there is a gizmo under the upper intake that may need attention. It may be called purge solenoid-not sure. Good luck!
  15. C

Ether i use the starting fluid or it won't start...

Welcome! I'm far from an expert, but my first thought: too much air. I would double check snorkel connection, that one inch hose related to snorkel and listen for vacuum leaks. Best of luck!
  16. C

100% CONFIRMED!!! Live data on a 1994 Explorer with the Bosch 1300!!!

Nice! Thank-you! Did you find a cure for the low MPG?? My 94 gets about 15 mpg overall. Any help appreciated!
  17. C

NO CEL but have readable codes...

Hey All! First I appreciate all of the help with my many recent "tickets"- thank-you! This recent adventure began with rough/rich idle and sub 11 mpg. I then replaced DPFE and MAF sensor and truck is running much, much better -but... Codes are still available if I go looking for them...
  18. C

MAF sensor Un-plugged -no difference, runs the same...

UPDATE: I hope this doesn't jinx the situation, but I installed new DPFE and have no CEL illuminated.
  19. C

Thanks for asking. New codes: 157, 332, 558.
  20. C

codes 157, 158, 336, 185....MAF cleaned. Manually clear code memory???

UPDATE: New MAF sensor installed. Engine no longer running rich, no longer throwing 158, 336 or 185 code but have new/different CEL codes. ---558, 332 and maybe 157 -still checking
  21. C

UPDATE: New MAF sensor installed. Engine no longer running rich, but have new/different CEL codes.
Back