Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Anyone using the SCT tuner?

I would have thought 4.10 would be perfect. What would you go with if you could do it over? I assume your tires are 32"?
  2. H

Thanks for the response! My truck feels sluggish after I installed the new tires. Plus, I wasn't impressed with it before. I see you have installed the 4.10 gearing. That is something I want to do and is on my list! Wish I could trust someone local with the swap.
  3. H

I pm'd you back.
  4. H

I'm thinking about getting a SCT tuner and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with it on their 4.6? I have found a source but would like to hear some reviews if possible. Did it help much? Any regrets or problems? Thanks
  5. H

Better COP's?

Sorry, I should have described it better. "Looking for better coil packs". I pulled the trigger last night for the Accels on Amazon. I will be replacing plugs and coils at the same time as soon as I get all the parts in. Will definately give a follow-up. After all the time I have been...
  6. H

Better COP's?

Wow! Thought this would get a response. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Accel coils from Amazon. I'm also going to be replacing the plugs with original equipment. Any thoughts or experiences with this set up?
  7. H

17" wheel on a limited

I installed a set of 18" on mine as you know. Are you concerned about caliper clearance? The XLT came with 16" rims so that shouldn't be an issue.
  8. H

Better COP's?

Is there a better coil over to replace the oem with? I am going thru a spell with both of my Ford trucks with cop's going south. I'm getting ready to replace another one on the ST and was interested in upgrading the whole set. Thanks.
  9. H

Interesting SCT X3 tune issue

I'm not an expert on this by any means but, are you past due for an oil change?
  10. H

My new wheels

Thought I would up-date my thread by posting an up-dated photo that shows the black mesh grill with painted hood trim piece, 3M Di Noc on the mirrors and roof rack chrome. My next project will be to paint the chrome and front and back plastic on the running boards with black Plastidip.
  11. H

Wheel Bearing life

The obvious grinding noise was my indicator. However, it wasn't that easy to tell exactly which wheel. My mechanic placed a listening device on each bearing point and determined that it was the front driver side. Riding and listening with the earphones along with him I concurred. He ordered a...
  12. H

code c1155

My mechanic listened to my left front bearing and determined that it was the bad one but after removal found out that it was the right front bearing.
  13. H

My new wheels

They are right at 32". We had to trim just a little to clear but not too bad. I didn't want the tire to stick out past the fender. I think a +12 would have been a little better look. For some reason my right rear sticks out more than the left rear. I'm wondering if the bed is off a little.
  14. H

My new wheels

Thanks! Sorry for the dirty truck pic. It has been a mess around here since I had them put on. I just received my black grill and as soon as I install it I will post better pictures. I know a lot of ST owners have been looking hard on the net to see different wheel combinations so I went ahead...
  15. H

My new wheels

I'm not sure exactly what would be a sympton that would indicate it being sensitive. However, as I was carving thru the mountains this morning between Maggie Valley and Cherokee on hwy 19 (real curvey road) it threw the control trac light. The ST lost power momentarily while the indicator was...
  16. H

My new wheels

Still a little dirty and planning to do more work. Got a little anxious to post! Moto Metal 18x9 with 285-60 R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Truxx lift. Black mesh grill on the way.]
  17. H

Wheel Bearing life

I changed my front passenger side at 78k.
  18. H

My new wheels and tires!

I'll get the alignment done tomorrow. Can't wait to pick it up! Thanks for the response! Rob
  19. H

My new wheels and tires!

Just saw this! Looks great! And, perfect timing! I'm getting my lift and tires installed tomorrow and was worried how it was going to look. I'm using the same 12 off set with the same Nitto's but will be installing them on Moto Metals. Pics later! My question is... Did you have to re-align...
  20. H

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

Thanks for the response. I recently helped my son plasti dip his bull bar on his Tacoma. It was the first time I have used it but went really good. I may do my grill with it but have been looking hard at a black mesh grill...can't decide. Regardless, I will be using it on the roof rack...
  21. H

Blacking out my grill with Plasti Dip.

Checking on the finish Well, it has been almost a year since you posted this. Since I am considering doing the same how is it holding up? Thanks
  22. H

07 Sport Trac Exhaust Manifold Leak

It shouldn't cost us anything! Geeze! It's fairly obvious this is a manufacturer's defect. I had to get mine fixed a few months ago but I had someone other than Ford fix it. I didn't want Ford or any part of their affiliates getting my money to fix this problem. Right now I am on another...
  23. H

2007 ST Transmission Work At Ford

Mine has over 70k and rides great. Your struts should be fine at 60k unless they have received damage or abuse.
  24. H

2007 ST Transmission Work At Ford

Unless there is something wrong with my trans, the button locks out both O.D. gears in the 4.6L.
Back