Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Planning a 5.0 Overhaul

one of the best books i ever read on getting extra power was smokey yunick's power secrets. i learned a LOT. working the heads and valve train is a great way to increase power, but without work on the bottom end, it is money wasted. i would suggest a rebuild along with the heads and cam. have...
  2. T

my sons new to him 98 lifted

ahhhh, good ole whittemore. home of the oldest race track in michigan. got a good friend that lives on 80 acres out there. good hunting land. he's the one thats gonna help me with the bodywork.
  3. T

hmmm, you must know west branch to know macs and their awesome breakfasts.
  4. T

funny you should mention that. i had to shoot some pb blaster on the torsion adj bolts and ened up emptying just about a full can on the underside. stopped dinkin with the torsion bars as i see a bad lower ball joint ( opposite side of the bad upper),so i think i may help him out a little and...
  5. T

i have a friend that is really good runnin his mig welder. talked to him yesterday. he saw the truck a few months ago. mentioned the plan and he said," i'm in!" he's a man that loves projects like this. if it was up to him, we'd be doin a frame off resto! but i told him just replacin the...
  6. T

Paint / Graphics suggestions

i think painting it to match the rest of the truck and having something like this airbrushed on would look sweet.
  7. T

thanks all. used all meguiars products on the paint. m105 rotary buffer and wool pad to start, followed by m105, orange foam pad and porter cable 7424 for second pass, m205, orange pad and 7424 for 3rd pass, the glaze. yeah, the frame and under carraige are gonna get some attention. now, to...
  8. T

this is another one of the body bushings.
  9. T

from front from right side. notice any bolts missing??? from right side again ok, heres a picture of one of the body lift bushings. is that the factory bushing under the lift bushing???
  10. T

still got a lil work to do on the rims.
  11. T

another quick question, even thoug its gonna be a bit. i've been lookin for some patch panels for the rear quarters in front of the tires. i found a lot of places with patch panels for behind the tires, but havent been able to find any for in front. any suggestions???
  12. T

might be willing to ship. i also have the brush guard stripped. puttin primer on em both tomorrow. gotta look into a price for em. thats more $$$ to put into the beast!!!
  13. T

it has a body and suspension lift. unfortunately, the pics i took had the skidplate off and showed a lot pretty good. i'll have pics tomorrow. 33's on it now. this could turn into a unbuild thread. on the rear springs, the shackles have the factory rivets so i'm guessin they havent been...
  14. T

welp, it's been a bit since i posted. i've been a lil busy and a lot sick and my son hasnt had the $$$ to get anything done with his truck. i got it in this weekend and did a detail jod inside and out. the paint ( and interior) was severely neglected. the clear is shot in small spots all over...
  15. T

welp, got a little work in i had to kick out. i do a lot of work out of my shop and got a truck in to detail. took a while to get the interior cleaned up nice and paint shining again ( i was actually surprised to see a 15 year old truck with over 200,000 miles on it that the factory paint was in...
  16. T

after doing a little surfin here and thinking about the camber thing, i'm wondering how much work would be involved to remove the suspension lift and leave the body lift. gonna do some more surfin then get it into the shop to take a look.
  17. T

we've got some work to do. i was thinkin about removing the body lift to get some smaller more streetable tires on it and not have it look weird, which he needs new tires, but seeing that new body bushings would be necessary we are gonna look at different options. i'm lookin forward to tinkerin...
  18. T

noob here and will prolly be seeking a lot of knowledge.

thanks all. yeah, shoiuld took a bit of time to do a little surfin before askin bout parts places. this site rocks!! ya'll have a great and blessed thanksgiving!!!
  19. T

Where to buy car paint online?..& other questions..

im a noob here but do some painting and found these guys to be reasonably priced with good tech support by phone and a good selection of paints and supplies. http://www.tcpglobal.com/ their forum sucks tho. too much spam
  20. T

noob here and will prolly be seeking a lot of knowledge.

hey all. names tom. glad to be here and gonna start surfin real quick. my son bought a 96 explorer. 19 years old and go excited about it and slapped down the money sight unseen. it has a body and suspensoin lift on it( i'll get some pics here soon). cant say i was too pleased with him picking it...
Back