Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Any one running a locker in front with LS in rear?

I have 4x4 and was going to do the brown wire mod so it doesn't just kick on.
  2. M

I've never seen a limited slip for the front of second gens that why I think I'm just going to lock it. And I have an open rear end but picked up a limited slip for the rear.
  3. M

Do they make a limited slip for a 2001 explorer xlt I was never able to find one.
  4. M

How does your truck handle on and off road with that setup?
  5. M

I picked up a new G2 limited slip and install kit extremely cheap for my rear end and want to run a locker in the front with the brown wire mod. Does anyone here already have this set up? Since this upcoming week is spring break I want to finally re-gear my truck to 4.10s. Don't want a locker in...
  6. M

4.10 Front and rear diff swap...finished!

How do you like the at2s? My buddy is about to get a set and I'm thinking of doing the same. I have wrangler mtr's now and they look cool but need something good for sand and snow cause I never do any mudding or rock climbing so these aren't exactly what I'm looking for.
  7. M

Awesome, I'm not to worried about the job itself I work at a shop with a couple lifts so I'm good to go. Just wanted to make sure it was actually worth it even though I already ordered the front carrier and should be here any day now lol. Now time to get a ls rear or get gears and a limited slip...
  8. M

I just got a 4.10 front from a ranger and plan on getting 4.10 gears for the rear with either a limited slip or locker. Don't know which one yet. How do you like the limited slip? Also how is the truck with the 4.10s? I have 3.55s right now with 33s and it isn't fun. Im hoping it is a nice...
  9. M

Anyone running lockers or posi/ ls in front and rear?

Is there anyone running posi/LSD in front and rear or lockers in front and rear? And how do they handle on the road and in snow? I'm leaning toward posi units in front and rear seeing as how I use the truck for snow and sand and heard lockers will cause sliding out in the snow. Let me know what...
  10. M

Questions about Converting to 4.10s

I have the 3.55s Just checked.
  11. M

Questions about Converting to 4.10s

I have a 2001 explorer xlt 4 door 4wd with either 3.23 or 3.55 gears I forgot which one. I'm running 33" tires and want more low end. I bought a front carrier from a 2001 ranger with 4.10 gears but it needs the inner axle shaft. Will the one from my original front carrier work? Also, what year...
  12. M

Do 3rd gens and 4th gens share the same frame?

Chrome Get the chrome brody
  13. M

Can a TT go over 2"?

I think I'm going to give it a go this weekend and see what happens. Worst comes to worst I replace some cv joints.
  14. M

Can a TT go over 2"?

Did you have to go with longer bolts? My driver side is all the way in already. Also, my truck wouldn't see any trails just sand and snow so nothing crazy. It's not an everyday driver anyway so I'm not to worried about the rapid wear. If I did 6000 miles a year at this point I think it would be...
  15. M

Can a TT go over 2"?

Yes it's 4WD and how rapid will the cv joints wear?
  16. M

Can a TT go over 2"?

Hello all, I'm relatively new to posting on the forums but am always poking around to see whats good for the ex. First of all I know that a torsion twist is the easiest way to raise the front but I was wondering how much could it go. I already have the driver side bolt all the way in and the...
  17. M

Can you put a 10" sub woofer in the stock location?

Mtx makes a box and comes with a 10" sub that mounts right there with a nich cloth covering so it looks stock but packs a serious punch. I have it installed in my 2001 explorer running a kenwood 600w amp to it.i can post pics if you want to see.
  18. M

Time for a lift?

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335/mkpn24/truker.jpg http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335/mkpn24/truck.jpg Check it out, let me know what you think.
  19. M

Time for a lift?

It's 4wd and I don't even know how to post pictures
  20. M

Time for a lift?

Hello I'm new to the forums and I have a 2001 ford explorer that I have recently been doing work to. I just added some 17 inch 2005 mustang gt wheels wrapped in some 265 70 17s with 1.25 inch spacers to accommodate the wheel off set. Along with that I just installed a brush guard and lights. Its...
Back