Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Engine block heater

True, but warm air blows right away with the heater.... Getting too soft with the grey hair I guess.
  2. T

Block Heater install for 2013 Explorer 6cyl 3.5l

Hey all... got the "It appears that you have not posted in our forums lately. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?" guilt banner. Thought I'd do a quick note on how to install a...
  3. T

Lost FOB / Key

Lost key Well, lost 1 of 2 keys for my 2013 explorer... For those that don't know if you only have one you need a computer. Called the freedom ford in norfolk, and they quoted me $275 to make a key. Local locksmith did it with a non remote key for $45, was $130 for the remote key. Point...
  4. T

C1280 yaw sensor

Hi, right wheel started pulsing while driving straight , now showing a c1280 code. Can anyone recommend a scanner that can diagnose the ABS system, and calibrate after/if I replace any parts? Saw this one, but not sure if it will calibrate new parts...
  5. T

Broken pigtail antenna

If you combine, cheap, frugal, stupidity, and risk taking... you don't have to take the interior apart! I managed to unscrew the antenna from the inside, using the interior light hole. Had about 1/1000's turn with a wrench, and took two hours... or as long as this thread took...
  6. T

Broken pigtail antenna

Does this look to be the correct one? http://www.amazon.com/2011-2014-Explorer-Antenna-Custom-Painted/dp/B008L41PYC I have a bad habit of ordering wrong parts!
  7. T

Broken pigtail antenna

how did you tighten it from the inside? thanks again!
  8. T

Broken pigtail antenna

Did not expect such a quick reply! THANKS!!! Looks like the stubby antenna would work as I have already gotten the broken piece out, but I'm worried about leaking... She bent the whole assembly back with the garage door, so there is an area that can leak... the antenna body is not flush...
  9. T

Broken pigtail antenna

Same thing happened today! Did you end up fixing this? Looking at taking the headliner down to fix, and it looks like a lot.
  10. T

Water Leak

Very well said!
  11. T

Water Leak

That's all I know of... I know 4-5 people with explorers around the 2011-2012 year... None of theirs leak, if mine leaked I'd find this thread, so obviously it happens, but I think this thread distorts the occurrence due to the sampling... Just my thoughts. Worst case, move to Arizona! I'd be...
  12. T

Water leaking on drivers side floor

THANKS!!!!! I tried to do a write up, but my pic's did not come out at all:-( this should help a lot of people out. Sorry my pics didn't work, and thanks again for the write up. Maybe a new thread as a sticky? Should be a common problem with them.
  13. T

I just kept taking stuff off till I found it... Hope it is the same problem. My 2013 has a solid piece of plastic under the wipers... Hopefully it won't have the same issues...
  14. T

Didn't remove wheel, just the wheel well plastic... Wheel would make easier. Just look up for round holes that are for water to drain through... Mine had dirt clogging up drain hole.... Shoot me a pm if I'm not making sense... Don't have car anymore. Forget how I took plastic piece out, but...
  15. T

P.S. there was a hole all the way in the back of the wheel well close to the firewall... just feel around back in there for impacted dirt and crud... was not easy to get to, but it would back the water up and cause it to leak in... hope that helps!
  16. T

I ended up taking the plastic cover off of the drivers side front wheel... leaves, dirt etc had accumliated in a void there... vac'ed it out and didn't leak again. then I blew up the motor and bout a 2013.
  17. T

Water Leak

Thing to remember is that statistically very few do leak. I was at the dealer with a friend the other day and felt 10+, not one wet and it had rained pretty hard the day before. Not to say that some don't leak, just that it's no where near as common as this thread leads you to believe.
  18. T

Water Leak

Sure ya didn't mean 'seam'? As frustrated as I'd be with a leaking new car, I'd much rather just find the leak myself in an hour than fight with some fool at a dealer. If anyone's in south east VA with a leaker I'd be happy to help... Heck I'll even bet ya a six pack I can find it:D
  19. T

Water Leak

They gave you a 2011 loaner while they fixed the problem?!? Sounds terrible. I sure hope it had heated mirrors.
  20. T

Water Leak

Thanks for your first post! Very productive pot stirring post...
  21. T

Explorer Gas Mileage - including Ecoboost

Welcome... Don't let the jerks turn you off the site! Always gives me a chuckle. If I drive my 2013 like a jerk it drops off real quick, but never close to 9! More like 15ish. If I make a real effort, about 18 around town, and 22 on the highway (keeping 55). Needless to say I average...
  22. T

2013 Explorer ignition broke!!!

Same happened to me... I put graphite in, and eventually got the key to turn. Took to the dealer the next day, and they (and I) haven't been able to duplicate it again. The 2013 does not have the wheel lock (like every other car does). It's been about a month now, and hasn't happened again.
  23. T

Water Leak

Actually referred a friend this week as well... He is getting a explorer this week! Thanks for 'stirring the pot'. How about taking a few turns through other vehicle forums. You will find more negative posts on there than on here. Bottom line is ford is the only American car company that did...
  24. T

Clear nail polish spill!

Probably wouldn't have used if I knew that... Worked well nonetheless!
  25. T

Clear nail polish spill!

Well still in shock... Was at Walmart of all places and a guy working there recommended "Goof Off". He was sure of himself, and seemed sharp. IT WORKED PERFECT! And was only $3!
Back