Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Nice to see another NBX, not much of a difference in appearance from a non-NBX really, but it's nice to see someone else with one regardless. :D
  2. M

Roof rail dimensions

I've been looking at the RBC-6245HD. But the one you mentioned with the extension may work. I don't like the basket being shorter than the rails I'm weird like that. :P Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  3. M

Roof rail dimensions

Most do yes. Rage Powersports does not. And the reviews and pricing seem good so I'm thinking about going with them. Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  4. M

Roof rail dimensions

I don't have access to my explorer right now, and I can't seem to find the answer online. I'm looking to buy a roof basket and am wondering what the dimensions of the roof rails are (length and width to the inside of the rails) so that I can find one fits best. I do have the crossbars. Thank...
  5. M

'03 Mounty V8 -- exhaust questions

My pleasure, glad I could help. I've been the student for a while on here, just passing along some knowledge. I hope you continue to love your Mounty! Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  6. M

Here is a diagram showing how it runs, I will try to get a picture tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
  7. M

Cherry Bomb Vortex Muffler Clip: I need to get another vid since it's warmer now, and they had a leak on the weld that I got fixed Edit (copied wrong link)
  8. M

First Explorer for me

It has been a while since I posted on my registry, going to update the first post with my exhuast sound vid and some other pics.
  9. M

I will not support that since it is technically illegal in some states. But yes that's an option. I love the sound of mine with the third cat still intact. Its not the Borla but I love it anyways. It's not as much of a muscle car rumble as it is an Exotic styled v8 sound.
  10. M

The way the fuel tank sits make true duals hard to accomplish unless you bend the right side over to the left and then straight back. Also the independent rear suspension has very little room for a larger diameter piping. Speaking from experience just replacing the muffler doesn't give much...
  11. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

The cross bars were an option for every trim except for the NBX's. Lucky me cross bars standard :D
  12. M

i need the oem roof rack

The yakima rack or the rails? I asked for the Yakima rack in the wanted section months ago without results. :( My NBX has been molested, someone took off the stock rack before I bought it.
  13. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

I haven't heard the Vortex on a v6, but with the design I think it would be fairly raspy. You might look into the Extremes or Pro's if you want to go with Cherry Bomb. I love the Cherry bomb sound. Plus, its not flowmaster like most people use. I like being different :D. Shop I got it done at...
  14. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

No inside drone. I was surprised that it didn't drone actually. I love it. When its warmer it crackles slightly when you let off. Which I enjoy. Not excessive, just a slight bit. Definitely makes my Ex stand out some. I've had a few startled looks already from f-150's and some chevy trucks.
  15. M

Photos 3rd gen pic's

New exhaust set up. Cherry bomb vortex muffler. All cats still in place. Sounds better in person, also when its warmer out. I'll get another video once it warms up again.
  16. M

XLT or NBX

I've been lurking on Craigslist since I got my Ex to try and find one. Still no luck :(. Oh well. I'll get either an oem one or a new one someday.
  17. M

XLT or NBX

I emailed the Ford customer service center from their website and asked for it. They referred me to their research team and I had the sticker within a week.
  18. M

XLT or NBX

I might just buy a loadwarrior and stickerbomb the fairing. I want to find a slightly more low profile one. But I don't think I would be able to for a similar price. I'm not to worried about the rack right now, I'm just happy about finding out it's a true NBX.
  19. M

XLT or NBX

GOOD NEWS (For me at least). I got the copy of the original window sticker for my Explorer. It IS in fact an NBX. So the previous owner took off the roof rack at some point in time. Pics: So now I need to locate an OEM NBX rack :P Yay for getting an official word :thumbsup:
  20. M

Wanted NBX Roof Rack

That's correct.
  21. M

Wanted NBX Roof Rack

Ok thanks :thumbsup:
  22. M

New 3rd Gen Pic thread - now closed

The way it's going it will be closed again... Here's my Ex. Exhaust to come soon, when I get it installed I'll grab a sound clip.
  23. M

XLT or NBX

Wish you could have found the NBX rack. I'd buy that and pay for shipping. I know its just a Yakima Loadwarrior. But I want that NBX front fairing.
  24. M

Wanted NBX Roof Rack

Looking to buy the OEM NBX Roof Rack. Hoping not to spend a whole lot, but let me know. Thanks.
  25. M

XLT or NBX

Lucky! If I could find the NBX rack I'd probably buy it in a heartbeat.
Back