Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

WTB: Gen 2 Front Clip Parts S.E. Wisconsin

Thanks anyways, the front end on the sport is different and won't wok with mine.
  2. 9

WTB: Gen 2 Front Clip Parts S.E. Wisconsin

Looking for the following from a Gen 2. Actual year needed is 2001 but some parts will interchange. 95-01 4dr Hood 99-01 4dr Inner front bumper and outer bumper cover 95-01 4dr Grille and header panel (grille mounting panel) Since these are pretty bulky parts I'm hoping someone...
  3. 9

For Sale Lund lighted visor fits 1991-2001 Explorer / Mountaineer

Not sure on the part number, I bought this back in 2003 and I'm pretty sure they don't offer this style anymore. Dre, you're first in line, let me know.
  4. 9

Don't know for sure if it will fit a Ranger or not. I know the interiors are similar but I think the doors are different and the roofline may be different as well. Let me know if you still want me to look into shipping for you.
  5. 9

I'm selling a Lund lighted windshield visor that I don't need anymore since I sold the truck that it was on. It is currently painted Oxford White. This particular model has all hidden fasteners. There are two metal brackets that attach inside of the door jamb on each side and are hidden from...
  6. 9

F.S. Explorer/Mountaineer Subwoofer Enclosure

Sold! Thanks Explorerforum!
  7. 9

Yep, still have it. I was just thinking of throwing it up on eBay but haven't done it yet.
  8. 9

Bump. Make me a reasonable offer on this if you're interested.
  9. 9

F.S. Explorer / Mountaineer Ventshades

Sold to albi1cnobi1, thanx explorerforum!
  10. 9

F.S. Explorer / Mountaineer Ventshades

I'm selling a pair of new ventshades for 91 - 01 Explorers or Mountaineers. These are still new in the packaging. I bought them for my last truck and never put them on before I traded it in. Looking to get $20 for them. Buyer pays shipping costs. Located in Waukesha Wi. (about 20mi west of...
  11. 9

I'm selling a custom modified subwoofer enclosure for 4 door Explorers (or Mountaineers). This started out as a stock subwoofer enclosure from the premium audio package on a 1993 Explorer Eddie Bauer. The stock 6" woofer was bad so I replaced it with an 8" dual voice coil JBL GT series...
  12. 9

Charging Problem Please Help!

I replaced it already. My next attempt at a fix is to replace the wiring harness for the alternator. I picked one up from the salvage yard a few days ago.
  13. 9

The voltage regulator was replaced along with the alternator. I'm thinking it's somewhere in the lighting system since it only does it when the lights are on. I just noticed yesterday that when I shut off the lights it will start to charge again after a couple of minutes.
  14. 9

I am having a hard time figuring this one out. I have a 93 Ex. 4x4 with 4.0L and an automatic. When I drive it with the lights on for about 5 to 10 minutes, my alternator stops charging and my volts gauge reads about 10 volts or so. This only happens when I have the lights on, never with them...
  15. 9

LineX ing my rocker panels and fender flares, replace "dog leg" first? (pic)

I sanded filled and repainted mine about a year and a half ago and the rust just started to come through again this fall. I'm probably going to replace mine this summer though. If you plan on keeping the truck for a while, I'd just replace them and get it over with because with all the snow...
  16. 9

Hidden rust

Yep, I got the same problem. It's been like that for a year now. As far as I know the only way to fix it right is to replace it. Unfortunately from what I've seen, that is connected to the window track and the stationary part of the window and it is all one piece.
  17. 9

This Is Wierd.....

My A/C clutch keeps engaging and disengaging every couple of minutes. I know it is supposed to cycle when the defroster is on or if you have the air on but it does this even with all of the climate controls turned off. Is there a stuck relay somewhere that I can't find or what? Has anyone...
  18. 9

Important: Anyone who still has Wilderness Tires!

My tires had 30k on them and I kept them at 32psi.
  19. 9

Important: Anyone who still has Wilderness Tires!

If you still have your wilderness tires you need to look at the tread! I was rotating my tires this past weekend and I found a crack between the lugs in the driver's side rear tire that was 3/4" long by 1/8" deep. My driver's side front also had a deep crack starting where the tread meets the...
  20. 9

overhead console transplant with a factory pop up sunroof

The overhead console with the factory moonroof control will NOT work. I believe that it is just a little bit longer than the other one. Get the regular one with the garage door opener. Thats the one that came with the Limiteds in '93 and '94 and those had the same sunroof as yours.
  21. 9

ASC Moonroof installation

I just picked up an ASC moonroof from a local junkyard for $100 and I plan on installing it in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have one of these units and if so could you post a few pics of your headliner so I can get some better ideas on how to re-create mine once I'm done. The one from the...
  22. 9

Tranny Cooler Tubes

I got a Hayden unit from the local AutoZone. It was about $42. It is about the same size as the stock unit. The setup is a lot better than the stock cooler in my opinion. The stock cooler has a tank on each end and the fluid flows across the center much like a radiator, whereas the Hayden...
  23. 9

Tranny Cooler Tubes

I just removed my stock tranny cooler in favor of an aftermarket unit this past weekend. I believe the line on the drivers side comes FROM the trans. If you hold the rubber hoses after you drive for a few miles, one will be warmer than the other. The warmer one is coming from the trans. You...
Back