Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ecm

What is the problem? My son had a #6 miss fire. Changed plugs, wires, coil pack, and swapped fuel injectors. Still no fix. Used some AMSOIL engine foam. 1 can and cleared his code. If I'd did not see it I would not believe it.
  2. S

2005 sport track adrinilen package

Check fuses. Could have blown one when wires were cut.
  3. S

2004 Sport trac damaged 2-piece tonneau cover?

I would stick with fiberglass. Rough up repair area, use fiberglass sheets. Maybe fiberglass a wood support across cover for extra support.
  4. S

2003 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V6 overheating at idle with AC on???

Your thermostat could be bad. Also.use the correct one. Modern engines are designed to run hotter. If you use a cooler thermostat, you engine will run rich. Don't ask how I know.
  5. S

A/C compressor replacement recomendations

You might be able to change out the A/C clutch. I did one on an older Ford LTD back in the day. And you don't have to worry about the freon.
  6. S

OBDII Reader Best options

You get what you pay for. A basic reader at Harbor Freight us cheap. But only reads codes. I have an orange one. Can't remember the brand, used buy several mechanics. Gives me a few options for testing and seeing what is going on. See what brands mechanic's are using and get one of them. I...
  7. S

Rack and Pinion replacement

Check hoses for condition and leaks. O rings should be changed if they are used. Change fluid to full synthetic.
  8. S

THEFT LIGHT ???

Place a small piece of electricity tape over it. Hide or cover it.
  9. S

Not Your Typical Battery Drain Issue

Cover the suspect area in copper screen and ground to chassis. This might prevent the wireless signal from getting through. Also check grounds on the system. A missing ground might cause it. You need to send the wireless signal to ground.
  10. S

4.0l Engine Timing Chain Tensioners, Replacement Schedule

Tell them it your turbo spooling up if it rattles. And or. A new hybrid gas/diesel engine.
  11. S

Turn signal not cancelling

Probably the turn signal multi function switch. Tilt wheel up and down and see if that helps.
  12. S

2002 Sport Trac Door Lock Relay location? Or help with my problem..

Outside door handle return spring broke or missing. Handle must be closed for lock to work properly. There is a thread on the board for the door spring repair.
  13. S

03 Explorer oil pressure drama: Ideas?

Tie in a direct reading Guage at he manifold with a t fitting. That should verify pump or electronic.
  14. S

Coil Wiring harness question

Maybe some kind of power controller. I would just cover it and leave it alone. I have a remote start on mine under the dash from a previous owner. No remote. Tided into a few relays. Truck runs good. I just secured the wires and relays and drive. Not worth messing something up if it works.
  15. S

Coil Wiring harness question

Does it look like from the factory, or after market? Maybe a test point?
  16. S

OverDrive

Default is OD on or engaged when needed. Pushing the OD button removes the default and the transmission will not shift into OD. I believe it will also change something in the valve body too.
  17. S

Hard tonneau edge trim

Black RTV. Use a turkey injector for deep frying. Cut end of needle off. Fill with RTV Sealant. Apply into channel. Assemble.
  18. S

2002 Ford Explorer fuel line question

Yes. The kit was green O-rings.
  19. S

Considerations for long term use

Got a 2001 sport with a 4.0. 202000 miles on it. Transmission went out at 180000. I have the chain noise at start up. I just take it easy until it warms up. Hoping to get 250000 out of the engine. Cheaper to keep her then a new vehicle.
  20. S

2002 Ford Explorer fuel line question

Check Harbor Freight. They have several O-ring kits. Found a set for my son's A/C swap. No leaks. We just matched up what we thought would work. Use some petroleum jelly when installing O-rings.
  21. S

05 Explorer roof vents ice cold all others hot air

There is an air blend door actuator under the dash. Blends cold and warm air. It could be stuck or not working. Someone else should chime in. Dave
  22. S

Parasitic battery power drain.

Try a clamp on amp meter. See if you have any drain reading. Start pulling fuses and see if it stops No amp meter, try a multi-meter in line with the negative post. Just don't try to start up it with the meter hooked up.
  23. S

Knocked sunroof visor off track

On my wife's Tribute. I removed the window only and the track stayed in place. Has a broken plastic guide on the track. Used real small screws and nuts to repair. Installed window. Works like new. Did not have to remove headliner.
  24. S

Torque converter?

My transmission went out. No notice, pink fluid. Lost reverse and 1st. The overdrive shafts and everything on it was fused together. $2,000 for rebuild.
  25. S

Locked out

Insert key into door lock. Turn until door lock lifts. Lift handle. Open door. Just could not help myself.
Back