Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Keep Blowing Fuse

I am driving a 95 Ford Explorer. I keep blowing fuse 20, which the manual says is for: Radio, power antenna, GEM system, anti-theft, cellular phone I don't have a power antenna or a cell phone accessory built into the car. The radio is out. Any idea where I can start looking to...
  2. C

Silly Stereo

Fuse, found it finally.
  3. C

Silly Stereo

I am driving a 97 Ford Explorer with a CD changer. Yesterday, while playing, my stereo cut out. All of the lights for the buttons work, but no display or music. I checked the fuses but didn't see anything blown. Pressing AM/FM or CD nothing happens. The clock works briefly when the...
  4. C

Speaker Down! Wiring Problem

Looks like this may wait a couple weeks till I put heated pads in the seats. Gotta pull em for that anyway. This is all great info! Thanks guys! Hopefully it is just a bad wire in the door bundle. If not, looks like a process to track down. (fingers crossed)
  5. C

Nice! Thanks! Another day curled up in unnatural locations trying to make my Truck behave! woo Hoo! Happy New Year! :-)
  6. C

The elusive PCV Valve

Thatshould help immensly. None of theother photos I have seen havehad this muchdetail. I figure if I geat a nice early start, by late afternoon I wuill have found it. :-) Thanks again.
  7. C

Yeah, got that diagram. :-) Any info on how to get that panel off? Any idea how the wires are routed through the car? I assume that the wires are broken in the door hinge bundle, but that is only a guess.
  8. C

The elusive PCV Valve

I keep seeing pictures of them, butI swearsome crazed mechanic moved mine, or I am an idiot and just overlooking it. I am not familiar with engines, but I am not completly unfamiliar either.
  9. C

The elusive PCV Valve

I am trying like hell to find my PCV Valve! Searched and searched for a description of where it is that makes sense to me to no avail. I have a 1997 Ford Explorer 2 Door 4.0 6 cyl SOHC Someone please take pity on me!
  10. C

I bought this 1997 Ford Explorer 2 door with the Cd Changer used. The guy before me did some real sloppy wiring in of extra audio components. The problem is that the front driver side speaker is out. I popped the panel, replaced the speaker and nothing. The wires are dead. I found a diagram...
  11. C

Strange Little Antenna Thingy

OMG yes!! She is so named "The Mistress." Annoying, but strangely true. I can not argue.
  12. C

Nope, no remote start, or GPS, but it must be for remote entry. That makes sense.
  13. C

Ok, I am gonna sound like an idiot, but I can not find the answer. On the drivers side, up in the left corner against the window, there is a thin little antenna sticking out from under the head liner. WTH is this thing?
  14. C

Block Heater/Block Drain

Awesome! Great info. That should make this a snap. I really appreciate it.
  15. C

Block Heater/Block Drain

How do you burp it? i have read that you need to run it till it hits operating temp and then top off fluid again. i am assuming that is not what you mean.
  16. C

Block Heater/Block Drain

I am going to flush the radiator on my 4.0 6 cyl SOHC 1997 Explorer. I figured that I may as well install a block heater while I am in there. I know that I need to drain the block with the drain plugs before I pull the frost plug. I can not find them. I hve looked all over the internet to no...
  17. C

Low voltage issue

Well I bought a new alternator. I am gonna let it run with it a couple days and check my voltages again. I feel a lot better, at a stop light, the volt guage isn't dropping nearly as much. We will see when do some quantifiable testing.
  18. C

Low voltage issue

I looked at the belts, but I will probably get a new Serp belt while I am in there anyway. :-)
  19. C

Low voltage issue

Alrighty, I will definitely try the alternator. I figured the bench test would tell me if it were bad, but I have seen enough intermittent problems in my life to not marry myself to the idea that the bench test is 100%. At worst, I will return it if it doesn't solve the problem. I have a...
  20. C

Auto dim mirror always dark

That is awesome! Thanks, I think I can do a little testing of it now.
  21. C

Auto dim mirror always dark

I have a problem with my rear view mirror. The mirror is always dark. It does not have any buttons on mine, just a slider. Reading online, I see that the mirror darkens when it receives power. So my mirror is always receiving power. Many times I heard that when these go bad, just to get...
  22. C

Low voltage issue

Ok, so after some more paying attention to it. It seems that when the truck is sitting and idling, the battery guage drops significantly. When the truck is driving, everything looks pretty good. Any thoughts as to why this may happen?
  23. C

6 Disc Changer

Turns out that the problem was not the player, but rather the CDs. It seems that Itunes was not doing something to the CDs and the player wouldn't read them. I downloaded a free program, and burned the disks at 8x and they worked fine.
  24. C

Broken Radio Button

Just in case anyone else comes looking, I found this site: http://replacementradios.com/index.php?cPath=290_319_531 They have factory radio buttons for $10 each.
  25. C

Cigarette Lighter Fix

Woot! Got a new behind the dash and a new in the console 12v accessory plug that is switched with the ignition. TY TY TY guys.
Back