Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Newbie...Drive train concerns with '03 Explorer

I have a ‘03 Explorer XLT 4X4 w/the V6, its got 23K miles on it. This vehicle is not my daily driver, it’s my wives, so I don’t know all the “normal†driving and operating characteristics of this vehicle. However, over the holidays we did a lot of traveling which gave me a lot of seat...
  2. T

Help...Vibration when accelerating with the wheels turned??

Well the dealer just called and he thinks he has it figured out. He’s ordered his parts and we’ll know for sure tomorrow after they are installed. He claims it is not the power steering pump. He said he was able to duplicate my vibration in both the forward and reverse directions. He...
  3. T

Help...Vibration when accelerating with the wheels turned??

Can anyone here help me out? I’ve got a 2003 Explorer XLT 4X4. I’ve noticed a subtle vibration/shutter in the vehicle when I accelerate from a standing position while the wheels are turned, either direction. A good example is a 3-point turn. I back out of my driveway, then simultaneously...
  4. T

Factory Sound - 2003 XLT???

I have two new Ford vehicles, a 2003 4x4 Supercrew XLT and 2003 4x4 Explorer XLT. I was wondering if someone could tell what the “make up” of my stock audio system in my Explorer is, i.e. head unit power rating, including the speaker sizes, type and power rating. Also, if possible, how it...
  5. T

Climate Control Question???

Thanks Dan, Arnold is about 30 miles south of St. Louis. I tried clicking on your link and it wouldn't work, however, I am at work right know so it may just be blocking me for some reason. I'll try later, at home. Toby
  6. T

TPLYNCH, You are correct. There is an actual A/C button you press to activate the A/C mode. What I noticed is that I can press the button and the "light" (signaling the button is in the "on" position) will stay illuminated in all positions (including the panel and floor settings) except...
  7. T

I got a 2003 Explorer XLT with the "standard" climate controls. I had the A/C button "on", the panel setting was either on Max A/C or Regular A/C, don't recall exactly. However, I noticed that when I turn the selector to either defrost or defrost/floor it automatically turns off the A/C...
Back