Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

gauges quit working after mirror switch smoked

Ive been researching this issue since my windowwouldnt roll all the way up, and my power mirror switch got wet shorted and smoked. Now my only working instrument is my speedometer. I was told it could be a fuseablelink, but have no idea where to look. What im thinking may have happened is when...
  2. C

after a year and almost 5 grand shes home

I know rite, guy I got em from had em on a charger. 55 in the rear and 35 in the front im thinking 235/60 or 70 all the way around.
  3. C

hood stuck, pull handle broke, any ideas?

Just as the title states, my hood is stuck, it looks like it is sitting a little low. We probably didnt adjust it correctly when we put it back on. and the entire t part of the handle pull is broke off. I tried vise grips, and had a couple buddies try to pull it, no bueno. I am thinging of...
  4. C

Show off your Wheels

5. C

first gen on unknown 20's can any oneidentify?

lol beauty is in the eye of the beholder
  6. C

first gen on unknown 20's can any oneidentify?

can anybody identify these wheels? They have spinners that they came with I just got to get lug nuts.
  7. C

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150359205294135.348472.673154134&type=1&l=eddf420ba1 LInk to my album
  8. C

New reman motor, pacsetter hedders, dynomax cat back system, radiator, hoses, plugs wires, fuel pump, wiper blades, tires and wheels. Its been a long road, being disabled as i am, and my brothers health wasnt too good either, with limited time and coordinating our schedules as he has a 4 year...
  9. C

fuel injector, red top in place of black top

I have a 93 sport, Been working on it for over a year, new reman motor from autozone, new just about everything, except alternator P/s pump and ac compressor. My Problem is I have a bad Black injector. i have a set of red ones on an old intake layin around, are they interchangeable? Both Have...
  10. C

Probably an extremely terrible idea....

been there tried that lifted the whole rear off the ground
  11. C

How to stop a thief? (kinda long)

thank god I dont live in Memphis any more. Northaven and frayser82-01. Know all too well about the break in's.
  12. C

My radio job from hell...

only time Ive ever done a hack like that was after my radio got stolen in my old turbo coupe. The Theives ripped out an old sony tape player that was bolted into the dash with torx bolts, completely destroying my dash. and wiring. they got the plug the harness plugged into. If theives were...
  13. C

'93 Ford Explorer Repair Questions

and 70 bucks for a $10 filter, somebody must be crazy...
  14. C

'93 Ford Explorer Repair Questions

save yourself $500 and do the plugs wires and brakes your self, you can get aftermarket drilled and slotted rotors and upgraded pads for $200. plugs and wires for less than $100 for upgraded ones. Its not rocket science, its only an explorer.
  15. C

hello to all

are there any caliper upgrades? so far i havent been able to find any.
  16. C

hello to all

since i bought the heavy 20's... for rotors http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-DSEP-54005R/ for pads http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EBC-UD387/
  17. C

hello to all

pics of build so far...... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150359205294135.348472.673154134&type=1&l=eddf420ba1
  18. C

hello to all

My name is charles, I have a 93 sport that has been off the road since 2006. I recently came into some cash and decided to get it back going again. For starters, I ordered a sure fire reman long block from autozone. my next step was calling summit racing, for a set of pacesetter headders, and...
Back