Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

How do you remove the rear wiper arm on th

Mine was a pain. If I remember correctly lift the arm so it's sticking out towards you. You will see a little clip where the arm joins to the post for the motor. Move that 'out' with a flat head screw driver and pull the arm off. My arm was on the post pretty good but eventually came off.
  2. Y

Battery disconnect/reconnect question

I am actually having this problem. Battery died. Took it out to charge. Went to reconnect. Connects pos first. When I connect the neg the alarm is sounding off. Any ideas?
  3. Y

How to: A4LD Front Seal Info

is this one possible root of having the OD light flashing?
  4. Y

Replacing outside door handle...

there's another thread from a guy who's detailed his steps pretty good. i know you don't have to bend the rod end. i did this job but i can't recall the specifics. it wasnt that hard. my replacement handle came with rivets. but our rivit gun was too small for them. we drilled a...
  5. Y

upper control arm tips?

Removing the LH camber was the hardest part of the operation for me. I had my brother from above prying and me from the well prying the lines to get them out of the plastic mount with a screw driver. The other thing to be aware of is that the camber bolt once unbolted will swing in a...
  6. Y

Drivers Side Upper Control Arm Removal

I just did it two weekends ago - what a PITA is right....it took 2 hours of beer, pounding and wiggling that bolt
  7. Y

Wump wump wump

Bronco.....out of curiousity what size of BFG's you going to go with? are you going with the Long Terrain, AT's or MT's? I was just out pricing BFG's today at lunch. 255 / 70 / R16's thx.....Mike.
  8. Y

upper control arm tips?

well got it all done on sunday. the clunking is finally gone. i've got pics if anyone wants to check them out.
  9. Y

upper control arm tips?

i've got the drivers side off and the new control arm on now. the question i have is which way are the adjuster cams & cam bolts supposed to sit? (what way are the bevels to sit?) - hope that makes sens. these ones are marked with FA and GA? one is specifically for the front i am assuming...
  10. Y

upper control arm tips?

thanks etc. my friend has the replacement arms for me - work set to start tonight.
  11. Y

Wump wump wump

i had the same thing and changed both front hubs and all was well.
  12. Y

upper control arm tips?

site of bolts does anyone know the size of the upper cam bolt and nut for this exercise? it doesnt seem that i have the right size wrench and dont want to screw around buying the wrong size five times.....
  13. Y

upper control arm tips?

Thanks for the responses guys. I will give this a shot.
  14. Y

upper control arm tips?

I've searched and determined I am correct and I need to replace my upper control arms. Just from looking at the upper ball joints I can tell they need to be replaced (let alone the ride!). When I was searching I didn't come accross any hints/tips to do this job effectively? Can anyone...
  15. Y

Rear Hatch Latches

got em in! well i finally got the urge to get this done. it was pretty cold out for a while and then i got in a fender bender. now i that i got the explorer back (had a 2004 GMC for rental) i needed to get it feeling like new.... anyways thanks for the tips.....i know for sure i would...
  16. Y

Rear Hatch Latches

thanks for the pointers guys.....I'll let you know how it goes! i need to either brave the cold or find a heated garage as winter has hit!
  17. Y

Rear Hatch Latches

it's actually the opposite - the latches are remaining open and not closing against the 'post' they latch onto - the drivers side went a few months ago and then this week the passengers side went (prob due functioning on it's own for a few months)
  18. Y

Rear Hatch Latches

Has anyone had to pleasureable experience of the mechanism in their rear hatch latches to let go not allowing the gate to close? both of mine are shot and I've got bungie cords holding it shut from the inside. i've got the latches and haven't started the task yet....any pointers, hints or...
  19. Y

Front washer

thanks Bill. I ended up looking in the resevoir and it was empty.....I just filled it up before I left work. It must have leaked out somehow as I was pumping it driving home. I then half filled with water making sure I never spilled any on the garage floor. My room-mate pumped it while I...
  20. Y

Front washer

ok this may sound stupid....my front wiper motor is humming and no juice is coming out. i was having intermitent problems when it first got cold out.....one side worked one day then the other the next.....then the resevoir ran dry. i thought at first it was possibly a little water in the...
  21. Y

Rear liftgate lock won't lock

i am having problems with mine - on mine it's cause the drivers side latch spring or something like that isn't triggering.....i found one at the wreckers to replace it with and man it seems like a major pain in the butt to get off and replace.....at the dealer the cost is aprox $60 cdn.
  22. Y

Explorer going pheasant hunting tomorrow

moose hunting of course.....just got back from a week of moose hunting in northern ontario...my ex was put to the test once again and held up ok.....only repair i had to do was replace rear axle seal.......i've got some pics being developed (35mm - no digi yet) i'll try and get 'em scanned so i...
  23. Y

What is an Explorer "Expedition"?

Re: factory lift???? for real? i think you're right my expedition doesnt look any different than any 96 sport imo.....
  24. Y

What is an Explorer "Expedition"?

i have a 95 expedition as well.......not sure what the major differences are but i know the compass and temp gauge are standard on the sports
Back