Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

Just called my dealer. He said it was not an actual TSB but was updated instructions in their repair manual since the first time they painted it. He is e-mailing me the sheet and I will forward it to you.
  2. J

I posted over a year ago about my 2011 Limited. Along the front of the hood I had multiple bubbles/ chips. It was also under the hood near the gasket. I brought it in, they took photos, Ford approved it and it was repainted. Well, a few months ago we noticed it happening again. Exactly the...
  3. J

Shift to Park Warning

I had the same issue. Brought it in to the dealer, according to the receipt they "adjusted shift cable". It is better but not completely gone. Now happens 1-2x a week where it previously occurred every day.
  4. J

Issue with Paint on the Hood 2011 Limited with 17,000 miles. Have been posting on the wind noise, A-pillar side of this forum (just fixed for the second time) and had to mention the latest issue. Noticed a small bubble under the paint at the front edge of the hood. Not a stone chip, not a...
  5. J

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

I originally posted back in November 2011. I had the A-pillar rattling sound constantly on the highway and very loud. My dealer in NJ replicated it first time out and had seen the issue before. The replaced the passenger A-pillar and molding and it went away. About 5 months later I started...
  6. J

Picked up my Explorer from the dealer today. Confirmed that they were able to duplicate the sound on the highway before they did the work (so they did not rely just on my video recording on my iphone). They replaced the right side A pillar molding part #BB5Z-7803136-AA (this is one of the...
  7. J

I originally posted the exact same problem on the "windshield noise" thread on this forum. Very loud rattling sound... right hand A pillar only, highway speed, worse in cold weather and worse when there is a solid object on your right (sound wall, truck etc.). I contacted Ford customer service...
  8. J

Ford customer service contacted me and contacted my dealer before I even brought my Explorer in. It went in this morning and I also video taped the noise this past weekend and played it for my service guy today. He said he had seen the problem twice before but my rattling sound was much louder...
  9. J

New to the forum because I had to chime in with my issue. I took delivery in Feb. 2011. Have 9000 miles. After about 2 months a rattling/ thrumming noise started from lower right windshield pillar. Only at 55 mph and up and loudest when a solid object is next to us on the right (highway...
Back