Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Voice commands just plain stopped working

This has happened to me also. Weird did nothing different then I normally do. What I did notice before it stopped working is that the MFT after I would start the vehicle is that it would take a long time to boot and finally start working. When it was booting the main window would be up on the...
  2. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Thanks man this helps a lot I will lookout to see if I have this issue.
  3. M

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

i know this is a dumb question but which piece on the X is the A-pillar? I see people on the site talk about it but i dont see any pics pointing out to it. I have not heard the wind noise you all have experienced and hope i never do bc i am tired of getting stuff fixed so soon on the X. only...
  4. M

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

So i got my X back today and the brake squeak was fixed. New pads and they resurfaced the rotors and what ever else was required on the TSB. So far so good. Will be able to tell on the next rainy day here in CT. Thanks Cory.
  5. M

Fix for Streaking Windows!!!

I had my window streaks done just yesterday and picked up the X today and tested it and glad to say no streaks. I also had the brakes done and no squeak on them either so far. Hopefully, this will be the last time i have to take my X to the dealership until my first service. Thanks Cory.
  6. M

Sunroof Tilt - Doesnt seem to tilt properly.

so i took some pics. This is the most the front tilts. http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0286.jpg http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0285.jpg http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0284.jpg Shoudnt it tilt more then that? Just curious if the...
  7. M

Sunroof Tilt - Doesnt seem to tilt properly.

I dont know if it is just the design of the tilt sunroof but it doesnt to open much it at any tilt at all. I tried the tilt for the first time bc i was in the X and never needed up her in CT bc of the cold weather and when I did it I noticed that it didnt open up and tilt like a 1 or 2 inch...
  8. M

Fix for Streaking Windows!!!

sent you a PM Cory. Please assist.
  9. M

My 2012 Ford Explorer Limited with Shark Fin Antenna

The antenna looks very cool. They should have made it a shark fin from the get. It looks so much cooler and better looking then the antenna. Dont know what sometimes design people are thinking. By the way if you dont mind can u PM me the link of the place where u got the running boards? I been...
  10. M

Power Liftgate

AllanJD, your dealer is full of crap because mine spoke with Ford directly and got the catch mechanism from Ford who has the part on back order and I waited two weeks. My dealership name is McMahon Ford of Norwalk, CT. Look up there number on website and speak with her. She can maybe help you so...
  11. M

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

I noticed this problem on certain occasions. I have noticed this squeak noise when the rotors are wet or when the X sits in the cold or rainy days and on downhills. Usually when it is nice out side it does not make any noise on mine. I didnt hear it often but one day after work getting into my X...
  12. M

Power Liftgate

Update for you all. My dealership finally got the part in for the lift gate on Thursday this past week. She called me up and let me know it was in and asked when I could come in. Being that I was home I went and had them take me in the same day. I literally was in the dealership 15 mins and it...
  13. M

Power Liftgate

Update: I spoke with the service manager who is handling the lift gate issue and she said the latch mechanism is on back order and it is a known problem. So probably will take two weeks to get the part in to fix it. So those of you who have the problem should take it to the dealer to try to get...
  14. M

Climate Settings With Remote Start

No have not tried it but will try it next time out in the car.
  15. M

Power Liftgate

The service manager who had my X said that after they replicated it and spoke with Ford that i will need to bring it in because they need to order a new latch mechanism which hooks onto the hook. They said the latch mechanism is fine but that it had something to do with the size of the latch...
  16. M

Tailgate / Liftgate Alignment

who has pics of misalignment of the lift gate? I cant see it or maybe i am blind.
  17. M

Door trim misalignment with the dash

As soon as I can I will post a pic. I am work and I wont get the X until I go pick it up. She told me it is very visible and no one can miss it. If you open up your pass door by the hinge on the bottom left of the door panel at the bottom she told me there is a push pin which u can see is not...
  18. M

Ok guys here is the pics of the after shots of the alignment once they fixed the push pin. Before Push pin fix on alignment on my X http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0201.jpg After Push pin fix on alignment on my X...
  19. M

Power Liftgate

Hey guys, Update for the lift gate issue. I gave my X to them yesterday and spoke with the service manager and asked her to keep my X outside tonight so tomorrow they could see if the lift gate can open or not. I live in CT and in Norwalk area last night it was in the 30's. So not completely...
  20. M

Ok guys, I have a positive update on the alignment and possible fix. I just got a call from my dealership service manager and she said that they found the issue. Looks like on the inside of the door where the panel sits there is a push pin at the bottom which holds up the panel and it was put in...
  21. M

2013 Explorer ...

Maybe my dealer will call me and ask me if I want to trade in for a new one. Although i love my new X, I dig the standard HID's and the heated steering wheel and power telescopic steering wheel. When my lease is up I might consider getting a new one. Time will tell, but for now I love what I...
  22. M

I didnt do anything to it. It was like that when i got the X.
  23. M

2012 Explorer. Decisions, decisions ...

i have the limited 4WD with the 301A package with moon roof, trailer package, MFT, etc. I have about 250miles on it and a lil over one week. I love it. Currently, I have having a door misalignment issue being taken care of. However, the dealership and Cory on this forum have been very responsive...
  24. M

Power Liftgate

So i spoke with the dealership about this issue and they will check it out. I will report what they say.
  25. M

I created a photobucket acct to attach the pics. Here is the passenger side. http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0206.jpg Here is the driver side. http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/mdc160/IMAG0207.jpg Do you guys have that same problem in gap on the window?
Back