Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

First Explorer! 1997 Sport 4WD

Well, the Explorer is gone. I had a very fun time with it and I absolutely loved that car. However, 14 mpg wasn't cutting it :'( I will be stopping by occasionally. Someday I will buy another Explorer but I will buy one with much less rust and it will be even more fun ;) Thanks for taking...
  2. S

Thanks, I think I'll keep spraying PB Blaster on it periodically to make sure I can reuse the hardware. Thanks for the link too, it is bookmarked now :)
  3. S

Can anyone help me out on the required hardware for 4-door leaf packs? I got my AALs in and soon I should be getting some leaf packs. They sent some weird bolts with the AALs, but I think I need all hardware. Also, is it necessary to get new shackles or can the original ones handle the new...
  4. S

AALs got in, sitting under the bed waiting for their 4-door leaf companions. Interesting thing happened the other day. Towed the broken down Dakota and the broken down Grand Am with the good ole X. Also, I removed the step bars for a higher look.
  5. S

Small update- Just ordered my AALs, and a new brake pedal pad because I see the metal... Waiting to go to a junkyard to get some 4-door leaf springs. Hopefully by this fall/beginning of winter I can get some 275s, they will probably be the Dynapro ATMs. Also on the list-...
  6. S

Do these look stupid? For $150 there is a complete set on Craigslist. They're from an 08 'Stang
  7. S

Varsity's 2000 Explorer Sport

Ooh, looks like a nice side project. I replaced the side marker lights with 194 leds and they're pretty bright. But I always find myself wanting those puddle lights... Night shots are difficult with point and shoot cameras. If you really want to be able to take good pictures at night you should...
  8. S

Yeah my roof rack was incomplete so it looked like I just had a spoiler on it. I think at some point I'll put a cage style rack up there. Because I'm waiting on an air compressor and impact gun to do my springs I ventured off to Walmart to add a few components to my sound system. Here it is...
  9. S

Yeah, I will probably do my leaf springs and TT stuff first, I think I'll enjoy the firmer ride in the back. The body lift will just be a visual improvement. Looks better without the valance. Also painted the trim and removed roof rack. Painted by the windows, the wiper arm, bumper...
  10. S

Changed the instrument lights to LEDs :) There were two burnt out so I said what the heck, LEDs will be cool. BEFORE AFTER Also I decided to paint some things while I wait for tools, supplies and time to do my suspension upgrades. Before Primer After More pics and info...
  11. S

Add a leaf from amazon

So is your dad going to be modding his Sploder as heavily as you? ;)
  12. S

I did some figuring today and found some approximate costs: To do a 3" BL, 4-door leaf springs, AALs, shackles, and an alignment after TT would cost somewhere around $400. Now, in order to save all that up I will need to take some time. So I've decided one should come first. Which should come...
  13. S

Add a leaf from amazon

How did this go? Everything work out as expected?
  14. S

Turns out the smoking issue was that it was burning transmission fluid. How? Oh, just the dipstick tube was not attached... to anything.
  15. S

I love the look of them... they are some gorgeous tires. However, as a poor, currently unemployed HS student if I get bigger tires, I'll probably go with those dynapros. Hopefully this week I'll get my diff fluid changed, I have that dreadful whine at ~60 MPH. Hopefully I'll have a job soon...
  16. S

Update- New plugs and wires at 162,250. Now will be daily driven because I have my license! Strange water vapor comes from underneath after driving for awhile then stopping. Seems to be coming from the top of the catalytic convertor.
  17. S

Fornt end noise when turning

I have been told not to use 4wd on hard pavement. The front and rear wheels move at different speeds. My 97 does the same thing, a bucking around feeling. EDIT: I see AWD now. So I guess disregard my statement? I'm not positive how AWD works.
  18. S

Pics from the body work on my Sport

Nice job! I'll post some of the pics of the rust on my ex tomorrow. I pulled of all the trim and... It's bad. I'm extremely impressed with your work though!
  19. S

door ajar dinging

Yep, the little tab in the steering column is the problem. Take that out and you should be golden!
  20. S

I LOVE my Explorer, and I have a few questions...

I've been told not to use the 4wd on hard pavement. It was explained that the front axle has a different ratio than the back axle and you should be on dirt, grass, gravel, snow, etc. to use the 4wd. :)
  21. S

Headlight,Tailight tint and L.E.Ds

Sweet LEDs man! How exactly did you go about this project??
  22. S

I'm not sure why they put it in. I thought it might be a inertia bypass switch, but I'll have to test it out. No worries about the fogs :) I will most definitely be hitting up a junkyard sometime in the near future! This was a complete "duh" moment. When I flipped that switch I thought it was...
  23. S

Woohoo!! YES!! Found out I had accidentally flipped an (aftermarket) fuel switch while touring my car. Nothing was wrong the entire time. I feel so happy, but at the same time a complete idiot!! All is well that ends well, though! :D:D EDIT: See the top right switch? I was freaking out.
  24. S

Well, scratch the fuel pressure back. It's gone again. Weird... So no start today :(
  25. S

The ones listed are 265/70/16s. I have to stick with stock leaf springs for a while, and that's what you (sport97) recommended :) My friend does know of a good Explorer junkyard in Purdy, MO, so I might pull some 4door leafs when I get a chance to go down there.
Back