Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

new engine break in

I would think about 15-30 seconds should be plenty. I dont think that the oil pressure guage will function till the key is returned to the run position and the engine is running.
  2. A

Transmission cooler help!

Ok thanks for the info!
  3. A

Transmission cooler help!

I am installing a trans cooler on my 04 4.0 without the tow package. There are two lines that run from the trans into the radiatior. Does anyone know if the top of bottom line is the return line back to the trans??
  4. A

How do I remove the Central Junction Box on an 02 Explorer?

Sounds like the door switch. Does the dome light shut off when the door is closed?
  5. A

Cruise control wont turn on......

I found a used one on Ebay for $30. Your have to buy both switches and the harness from Ford for about $160.
  6. A

Fixed!!!! It ended up being a bad on/off switch on the steering wheel. Replaced and working great!
  7. A

Hoses around the Thermostat

The bypass hose goes from the thermostat housing to the water bump. Mine was pretty swollen when I pulled it apart so I replaced it!
  8. A

Grinding noise from left front when 4hi is engaged.

Do you think its possible that the wheel bearing would only make noise when 4 HI is engaged? The bearings are quite when in 4 auto. There is a small amount of play in the left front bearing thats why I ask.
  9. A

I am stumped. It wont engage and wont even go ito the cruise test mode????
  10. A

timing chain on a v6

I would suspect that the valves are bent.
  11. A

Anyone????
  12. A

Harmonic Balancer Bolt removal thread?

No I know how to pull the balancer. I am just looking to go to the hardware store and get some b olts to use with the puller.
  13. A

I am still trying to resolve this issue. All fuses are good. When the ignition is turned to the on position the cruise light doesn't illuminate. I cant get it to even enter the diagnostic mode. Any ideas?
  14. A

Harmonic Balancer Bolt removal thread?

I have an 04 4.0 and need to pul the harmonic balancer. Non of the bolts I have will thread into the balancer. Anyone know what thread/pitch bolts I need?
  15. A

04 Class II Factory Hitch

I have an 04 Explorer with the factory class II hitch. I want to remove the factory hitch and install a class III hitch. What are my options? I dont want the hitch mounted under the factory hitch but looking online all the aftermarket hitch mount under the factory ones?
  16. A

Timing Chain Guides?

Pm sent. Thanks again!
  17. A

Timing Chain Guides?

bump
  18. A

Timing Chain Guides?

Thanks for the response. Does the balance shaft need to be in time with anything or can the chain just be put on in any position?
  19. A

Timing Chain Guides?

Does the balance shaft need to be in time with anything or can the chain just be removed?
  20. A

Timing Chain Guides?

Ok so I inspected the tensioners and found some slope in the left front one. I removed the timing cover and am now finding the the lower balance shaft chain tensioner is destroyed. My question is how do you remove it? Drop the oil pan?
  21. A

Timing Chain Guides?

?????
  22. A

how to program the transmision explorer2003

Disconnect the battery for about 30-60 minutes and see what happens.
  23. A

Timing Chain Guides?

I have an 04 4.0 with 172k. After the vehicle sits over night there is a fast knocking noise thats gone within seconds. Sounded like a bad timing chain tension so I replaced the front and rear one but the noise is still there. If the guides were bad wouldnt the knock always be there? Also if the...
Back